+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Laptop vs. Desktop

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Laptop vs. Desktop

In modern society, computers have become invaluable. Thus, I decided it was about time for me to get one. Which would be better - a laptop or a desktop? Why? Thank you; your opinion is greatly appreciated. (Keep in mind I'm a university student majoring in English . . .)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Laptop vs. Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    In modern society, computers have become invaluable. Thus, I decided it was about time for me to get one. Which would be better - a laptop or a desktop? Why? Thank you; your opinion is greatly appreciated. (Keep in mind I'm a university student majoring in English . . .)
    Desktop all the way. Except if you're constantly on the move AND like to keep a media center with you at all times.

Desktop will get you more and better stuff for the same price.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Desktop all the way. Except if you're constantly on the move AND like to keep a media center with you at all times.

Desktop will get you more and better stuff for the same price.
    thats me; a laptop is the way to go under those circumstances.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

More:
    Desktops are easier to upgrade so they last longer.
    Laptops are easier to lose (and people losing laptops or getting them stolen happens a lot). While on the move they are very prone to damage when not properly protected.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I normally would say go desktop for your home, but my laptop rocks, and it out performs my desktop so far. Don't get me wrong though, I paid for my performance. I have an alienware area51 desktop and an aroura 9700 laptop with all the trimmings, both are sli, but my desktop is about a year and a half older than my latop wich I bought recently. If you want on the spot upgrade ability and a bit more powerfull rig go desktop, but if you have the money and want to game anywhere you go, grab the laptop.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

On a plus side for the laptop, I don't have to get off the couch for basic internet usage, mmm. But, I use the desktop for most of the programs I get.

Plus as hassun said, easy to uprgrade. The one time I did it, recently, didn't take much effort to get it working. And I'm no expert when it comes to hardware.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now my youngest nephew has reported that several students in his Dorm has had laptops stolen out of their rooms by people running in for a quick grab. Meanwhile, the Shuttle SFF box I built him (which is still small enough to be transportable for holiday trips back home) with its security cable tie down remains safe!!! Plus, with 2 Gigs of system memory, and a dual core processor, its powerful enough for the CAD/CAM software he needs, something a laptop would be hard to match!!! And with a good pair of speakers and a DVD player app, he can watch his DVD movies and Anime downloads after getting burned out doing homework...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Laptop im gonna say. they are much easier to control then the desktop and then you dont have to buy both the desk top and the laptop becuz you need somthing to travel with. laptops will take up les space on your desk anyway.
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast