+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Laptop vs. Desktop

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Laptop vs. Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now my youngest nephew has reported that several students in his Dorm has had laptops stolen out of their rooms by people running in for a quick grab. Meanwhile, the Shuttle SFF box I built him (which is still small enough to be transportable for holiday trips back home) with its security cable tie down remains safe!!! Plus, with 2 Gigs of system memory, and a dual core processor, its powerful enough for the CAD/CAM software he needs, something a laptop would be hard to match!!! And with a good pair of speakers and a DVD player app, he can watch his DVD movies and Anime downloads after getting burned out doing homework...
    Can you be my uncle?

NEwho, Desktops will always out perform labtops, at least for the foreseeable future. They don't have the same heat and power problems a Labtop would have if you put high end equipment in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Like LenMiyata mentioned.
    You can't go wrong with the Dual core processors at this time, the quad cores are a bit too far ahead of their time and overpriced right now.
    Its not that they're too advanced, Intel made the same mistake that they did with their first dual cores (Ex. The Pentium D). The two pairs can't communicate while processing information, and when the data finally gets to the Front side bus, they get confused because the two cores actually did the same work, thus cutting system performance. Once they solve that problem, the quad cores will be the processors to get.

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

okay... desktops are okay and you don't have to worry about having people taking them but I would go with a loptop... you can take them anywhere the only problem is that they can get stolen and/or you have to recharge them alot...

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I like a desktop because u can do more it one than u can do with a laptop.But also the laptop is light weight and portable,but im for the desktop all the way.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

Its not that they're too advanced, Intel made the same mistake that they did with their first dual cores (Ex. The Pentium D). The two pairs can't communicate while processing information, and when the data finally gets to the Front side bus, they get confused because the two cores actually did the same work, thus cutting system performance. Once they solve that problem, the quad cores will be the processors to get.
    Nah, still too expensive imo.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Nah, still too expensive imo.
    I can see where you're coming from, considering the most expensive core duo is about 1200 bucks Canadian, the cheapest being 140 bucks CAD

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I can see where you're coming from, considering the most expensive core duo is about 1200 bucks Canadian, the cheapest being 140 bucks CAD
    The Dual core 6600 is the best buy these days. It's also very good for overclocking work.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now my youngest nephew has reported that several students in his Dorm has had laptops stolen out of their rooms by people running in for a quick grab. Meanwhile, the Shuttle SFF box I built him (which is still small enough to be transportable for holiday trips back home) with its security cable tie down remains safe!!! Plus, with 2 Gigs of system memory, and a dual core processor, its powerful enough for the CAD/CAM software he needs, something a laptop would be hard to match!!! And with a good pair of speakers and a DVD player app, he can watch his DVD movies and Anime downloads after getting burned out doing homework...
    ^o^ can you be my uncle?! oh my goodness! ^o^ i didn't even know what half of that stuff was, but it still sounded good!

anyway, my laptop out-preforms my desktop any damn day... you know why? cuz the desktop is a Dell from Hell (that was all Soshi)... i'm sure a hex was put on it before it was shipped out... anyway...

the HP makes pretty good laptops, as far as i know (which isn't much) at a pretty affordable price! the media center thing is also pretty good too... and annoying when it decides to play DBZ while you're looking around on the interweb...

but i would suggest a desktop if you're in a dormitory... a laptop is still a laptop and really isn't safe anywhere... even on your lap! so, a desktop is a safer bet... maybe ask for a laptop as a graduation present?

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Im with all the ppl that said desktop.
    u can customize it in more ways than a laptop... and has many other advantages like graphics and sound etc etc...
    the only con is the space it can use, cuz u just need a table/ur lap of the laptop
    but Im desktop all the way
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast