+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laptops

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Laptop Suggestions

I have been looking into laptops lately. Each time I ask people about which one would benifit me the most, they recommand different things. I don't no much about laptops, so I need suggestions on what type I need. Money doesn't matter to me, seeing how it's something I want. ^_^

Things it will probably be used for:
    Gaming
    graphic programs
    pictures
    videos
    [may not be used for either ]

If you suggest a laptop can you be sure to give an explanation as to why... Again I don't no much about laptops ^_^ Please and thanks!
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; Jul 04, 2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot something :)

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Laptops

if you're looking for top of the line laptops for gaming, then Alienware is for you. it's a computer box (meaning PC, laptop etc) that is SPECIFICALLY designed for gaming. but all that comes at a pretty hefty price (expect to drop at least $1,000)

Alienware - Gamestop.com

besides that, my boyfriend is a heavy RTS PC gamer whatever, and he uses an HP laptop which works pretty well... it' the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC so it's good for all that. it even has buttons at the top for DVDs (like to play/pause, stop, fast forward etc) but i'm not sure if that's available anymore, but here's a few of your options...

HP Laptops - Circuit City

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i kinda like dell so i suggest a laptop from them they can custummize it for you thats what i like best it all depends on what you get is how much it cost

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ive pondered this myself, and i would want it for the same exact reasons as you, exept i donno how much i would play games on it.

anyway ive looked around and found that i could get a nicely equipped macBook cheaper than similarly tricked out (omg what did i just say) laptops from HP and Dell. yes, alienware is good stuff, but i dont have that kind of money. and double his estimate for a notebook, try around 2 grand.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

however, there aren't many games accessible on any of the Mac/Apple products, and not too many MMOs either. So unless you just want style and limited gaming, then go with the Apple. however, if you want a gaming machine, then go with the latter...

but as with any technology, unless you have a moderatly paid job, you're going to have to really save up and make wise choices. becuz if you don't, you'll be the one to pay for it...

literaly~! hee hee!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

this is the point i forgot to say: macs are very differerent than PCs. some things might not work at all on them.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread