+ Reply to Thread

Thread: linksys wireless router

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

linksys wireless router

i have speedtouch home dsl modem(the very old model) and a linksys wireless broadband router. i am tryin to set up. i am using the cd that came with it and runnin the wizard. i reach the screen where i am suppose to choose either pppoe, pptp, dchp and static. i chose pptp and enter my username and password and the ip address of my dsl modem when i click next it is sayin unable to connect to the internet, what am i doin wrong?

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: linksys wireless router

are you sure you want pptp? That might be your problem right there, but more information would be helpful. Do you have a static or dynamic IP (most likely dynamic, unless you pay the extra $$ for a static one).

Newbie sutabi may be famous one day sutabi may be famous one day sutabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: linksys wireless router

YOu'll need the mac address of your modem and copy that over onto the wireless settings. Also if its cable you should not be using "pppoe", but if its something like SBC Yahoo DSL, using a phone line then "pppoe" is what you'll most likely be using.

Also If you have a wireless phone, make sure you dont set you wifi to the same channel or you'll get disconnected everytime the phone rings.

+ Reply to Thread