+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft releases SeX(y)Box (Xbox 360s) at E3

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft releases SeX(y)Box (Xbox 360s) at E3

Available today, Micro$ith has released a new slimmer version of its 360 console with built in Wireless N and a 250 gig hard drive at the $299 price point, according to their E3

Here's their official Q&A about the console:

There were a lot of announcements at E3 today and we’ve been getting questions from folks asking for clarification about the new Xbox 360.

Here are answers to some of the question’s we’re getting:

Is there any performance difference at all between the new Xbox 360 and the original Xbox 360?

No game performance differences. It plays the same games and acts the same way as any Xbox 360.

How about backwards compatibility with all my Xbox 360 games and Original Xbox games?

No changes at all! All your current Xbox 360 and Orginal Xbox games (on the backwards compatibility list) will still work as they do today. Remember though, you need a hard disk to play Original Xbox games.

Is the fan quiet?

Yes, in fact the entire console is whisper quiet.

The photos show fan slots on the right side of the console. Does it vent to the back still, or the side?

The side (or top of you have it resting horizontally.)

What ports have changed?

Removed: The front Memory Unit slots were removed, but the front 2 USB slots are still there for controllers, USB storage, music game hubs, etc.. (Remember, since the 2010 Spring dashboard update, you can use any USB port on the console with a USB thumb drive as an Xbox 360 storage device)

Removed: The small cutout that the external wireless adapters connect to on the back of the console. Since the console now has internal wireless N connectivity, you may not want to use the external wireless adapter. If you find that the external adapter works best for you, that device has feet that swing out to allow it to sit on top of the console.

Added: An optical audio out (a.k.a. TOSlink, S/PDIF). It’s on the back of the 360 S now instead of on the AV cables.

Added: A port for the Kinect sensor that is a hybrid data and power port. Kinect works with all Xbox 360 consoles, but on the new Xbox 360, you don’t need a separate power adapter for the Kinect sensor because this port will provide the power.

Added: 2 more USB ports on the back, bringing the total to three on the rear of the console in addition to the 2 on the front of the new Xbox360.

Does the new Xbox 360 use removable faceplates?

The new Xbox 360 does not have removable faceplates.

Where is the wireless controller bind button, I don’t see it in any of the pictures?

It’s in the front. It was combined with the IR receiver on the front, so that’s why you don’t notice it!

Does it stand vertically and horizontal and do I need an adapter or a stand?

The Xbox 360 console is designed to stand vertically or horizontally. Unlike other consoles, it does not require a stand to sit upright and with the new sleek design it looks and fits great in your living room entertainment center. However, no matter how you position the console, you should not move the console during game or media play, or at any other time when the disc is spinning.

What band does the internal wireless N use?

It’s 2.4GHz.

Do the external wireless adapters work with new Xbox 360 ?

Yes. And if you connect one to the new Xbox 360 will sense this and disable the internal wireless.

Is the power supply the same?

No. It’s a bit smaller and it’s now 135 watt. The connecter type is different too because it’s not meant for use in original Xbox 360 consoles.

Is the hard drive removable?

Yes, just like on the original 360 console, the hard drive is removable.

What is included with the console?

You can find information about the retail package here:
    Xbox.com | Hardware Catalog - Xbox 360 250 GB Console

How can I move data from my current Xbox 360 to the new Xbox 360?

Its super easy—check out Xbox.com/transfer for more details. One important note is that your current Xbox 360 hard drive will not attach to the new Xbox 360. You will need to use either a transfer cable or USB memory to transfer your content.

If you want to watch the press conference Announcment, you can view it for free in its entirety on G4tv.com's website: http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/46342/E3-2...ss-Conference/ (90 min)

Figures I'm broke and unemployed when Micro$haft releases something I want to buy...

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft releases SeX(y)Box (Xbox 360s) at E3

Sounds like what everybody is doing. Playstation with PS3 Slim, Nintendo with the new Black Wii, and now Microsoft with the new sexy Xbox 360. Sounds like a money grab to me but even so I will buy it because I have the Original Xbox 360 and its memory sucks.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

concidering that the 360 Pro has the same price point and has a hard drive thats not even half of the new model, I think This one is a better deal.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yes I would Agree but is there any reason to make a new Xbox 360. I think they have hit a wall and really aren't getting past the Xbox 360 stage. So they are trying to say hey look a New Xbox 360. Nobody is coming out with a new gaming system because its so hard to get any further so they are just trying to make the ones they have better. People say well thats good but I don't want to have to keep waiting for something new and while waiting to have the same old Xbox 360 with some more memory and a smaller console come out. Put your effort into making a new System, they would get past this wall alot faster if they would just put their time into it instead of a new Xbox 360.

Thanks

who's to say that a new game console from all three major competitors isn't in the works?

Microsoft was working on the 360 2 years into the original xbox's Life-cycle in 2003, and didn't release it until 2005.

When you consider the huge leap in graphics between the Xbox and 360, its not too much to understand that the development cycle for a new system will take longer then its predecessor. We're pushing the limits of graphics technology right now. For the first time in Gaming history, console games and PC games have the same graphics, while in the past, PC games had always had the upper hand.

The 360s is just a smaller form-factor that uses less electricity (the current xbox uses the same amount of juice as a mini-fridge), and is a hell of a lot more quieter then its bigger brother. And perhaps they've solved the red-ring of Death issue (But this is micro$haft we're talking about, so don't hold your breath)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Like the Slim PS3 it's just the next version of the same console. Not a money grab.
    And Ace, console graphics are not on par with high end PC graphics. Not surprising when you compare processor power and GPU. The thing is, with PC gaming taking some bad beats and the continued rise of console games, multiplatform games are made for consoles first and PC's last. Whatever the lead platform is, gets the nod nearly every time.

Thanks

I would say yes these aren't money grabs but guys come the hell on nobody just about is going to buy the Xbox 360 Slim when they already have one except a few (you would think even though we know that thats not true), the main person is going to buy it is somebody who doesn't have a Xbox 360 and doesn't want the older version. What I'm saying is they should take more time on the new console instead of Xbox 360 slim.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I'd have to disagree, I'm all for lengthening the console life cycle. A lot less expensive hardware to buy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast