+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mugen

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mugen

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    PSP slims are just as easy to crack. I tried to increase the slots but it was hard since the files are different than the regular Mugen files. I added characters the way your supposed to and none of them showed. If you want make playing on a keyboard easier just set one special move per button. Thats how those insane combos are done that you can find on youtube.

Also if you have two monitors you can set it up so that instead of the regular background scrolling it will be one long screen and the fighters walk from one to another. I did this once at my cousin's house. Highly entertaining.
    I'll have to do a bit of research on Mugen for PSP. That sounds like a challenge and I love challenges. I've got a regular PSP right now, but it doesn't read discs anymore. I have to buy and download games from the Playstation Store in order to play the games I've got now; which sucks because I had to give up all my UMDs and I had a LOT. T_T But I'm not worried about homebrew for the PSP slim. I hear that there's a possibility of certain homebrew damaging your PSP hardware, so the PSP slim firmware will remain the original software that Sony provided (and will be updated, of course. Besides, PSP slim has Skype; I can't give that up, LOL.) and my other PSP will be homebrew firmware.

...There I go rambling...

I love using two monitors when I've got the right video card and the opportunity to do so. One of my friends used to have his monitor and TV hooked up to his PC. So, we could surf the net or do whatever on the monitor, but still watch movies we downloaded on the TV or play any MMO or emulator game. It's too fun!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I fully bricked my PSP the other day. Had to buy some broken one for parts. Now I have 3 PSPs.

Anyway, I retried the Mugen for PSP and I still don't get it. I read the instructions carefully but none of my characters are showing up. All I have is that Karate Man. He sucks. >.> I'm going to see if there is an updated version or a site that has careful details about how it works if it even works at all.

That reminds me a new Mugen style game. It has the same features but runs alot smoother than Mugen ever did with less work. From the preview I saw Mario, Megaman X, Link, and Cloud going at it in a 4-man brawl. They has some other characters from Bleach and Naruto as well. I can't remember what it was called though. I think its still in the testing phase so I'm not sure its released anyway. I'll look for the name and get back to you.

EDIT: I just found the name of it. Card Sagas Wars. Look for the trailer on youtube to see what its like.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I fully bricked my PSP the other day. Had to buy some broken one for parts. Now I have 3 PSPs.

Anyway, I retried the Mugen for PSP and I still don't get it. I read the instructions carefully but none of my characters are showing up. All I have is that Karate Man. He sucks. >.> I'm going to see if there is an updated version or a site that has careful details about how it works if it even works at all.

That reminds me a new Mugen style game. It has the same features but runs alot smoother than Mugen ever did with less work. From the preview I saw Mario, Megaman X, Link, and Cloud going at it in a 4-man brawl. They has some other characters from Bleach and Naruto as well. I can't remember what it was called though. I think its still in the testing phase so I'm not sure its released anyway. I'll look for the name and get back to you.

EDIT: I just found the name of it. Card Sagas Wars. Look for the trailer on youtube to see what its like.
    I'm definitely gonna have to check that out. ^_^

I'm still in the process of saving for my PSP slim, so I've only been doin' PC work so far. I've got a TON of characters and a few extra slots, but I can't get any of my screen packs to work. I can add stages and characters, but I can't seem to find a valid tutorial for adding screen packs and music. Most of the tutorials are for DOS; an OS I haven't touched in 13 years, LOL. Do you have any suggestions?

You bricked your PSP?? Ouch! Well, if I ever brick mine, I know who to run to for parts. If it weren't for the fact that I buy games from the Playstation store, I'd downgrade my firmware and get some homebrew action goin' right now, but I don't wanna take any risks just yet. But I'm still lookin' for all sorts of Mugen related stuff, though I haven't started on the PSP version yet. I should do some research tonight.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Its very difficult to find some untampered tutorials or even a clean winmugen. I'm going to wait for Card Sagas War since its based on a clean winmugen with many improvements. The characters are tiny and you might not have whoever you want but its still impressive.

And yes I bricked my PSP and then I unbricked it. I'm starting a console repair shop so I've been taking apart and rebuilding all kinds of stuff. The actual software is difficult to deal with especially for protected systems like PS or Xbox. I still don't have the patience for mugen programming. If you really want to make it work you have rewrite alot of the coding. I've only been able to add characters and change the music of the stages. I find fighting to be more entertaining with a Linkin Park soundtrack.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

I have Winmugen. But Im not very good with drawing the charaxters on my computr. Can someone create me some sprites? PLEASE??

Meow. :3

Thanks

Its very difficult to find some untampered tutorials or even a clean winmugen. I'm going to wait for Card Sagas War since its based on a clean winmugen with many improvements. The characters are tiny and you might not have whoever you want but its still impressive.

And yes I bricked my PSP and then I unbricked it. I'm starting a console repair shop so I've been taking apart and rebuilding all kinds of stuff. The actual software is difficult to deal with especially for protected systems like PS or Xbox. I still don't have the patience for mugen programming. If you really want to make it work you have rewrite alot of the coding. I've only been able to add characters and change the music of the stages. I find fighting to be more entertaining with a Linkin Park soundtrack.
    That's cool, I've considered looking in to opening a repair shop. I used to work in a computer repair shop when I was younger (15 or so), and I'm always fixin' people's PS2s and I've fixed my Dreamcast several times. I've even got spare parts for all that crap, LOL. Good luck with your shop man.

I think what I'll do is try to find a Mugen game that's already complete (and hope it's using winmugen) and try to see the difference between their coding and mine. Then I'll probably be able to figure out most of the things I'm stuck with on my own. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    I have Winmugen. But Im not very good with drawing the charaxters on my computr. Can someone create me some sprites? PLEASE??
    PM me with your email addy and I'll send you a bunch of characters.

Thanks

Thats one thing you can do. A lot of these already set up ones have things that they never tell you about. I remember one where you had to add a cell number for each character you wanted to add otherwise the characters would stay in one line going off the screen. I'm not sure what else they did to it but I didn't have it for long.

Thanks

Heh, now I just have to find a valid link to a site that's still running a Winmugen game.

Hopefully, it won't be too hard. It's just been difficult to find time to do any more work on Mugen, let alone any of my other projects. (Thanks be to my time consuming place of employment...). I think I'll have somethin' by Saturday for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2