+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My computer breaks don wayyyy to easily

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

My computer breaks don wayyyy to easily

what i mean is that when i do work with or without my internet on, my computer goes striaght to a blue screen i cannot exit unless i pull the plug. the blue screen says windows has detected a problem. Would this be a virus? how do i get rid of this?

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My computer breaks don wayyyy to easily

ill come over and do it one day matthew. maybe all it needs is to reformat your harddrive and defragmentize it. if that doesnt work, scan for the virus...
    ill come over on the weekened and do it iight>

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah the blue screen of death, lovely to look at right?
    first off have you changed components lately? because if you have then you need to do a windows repair.
    you don't need to format and reload just to fix that, put the disc in the drive and like you would normally install windows, go though the steps until it tells you to install or repair.

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    Ah the blue screen of death, lovely to look at right?
    first off have you changed components lately? because if you have then you need to do a windows repair.
    you don't need to format and reload just to fix that, put the disc in the drive and like you would normally install windows, go though the steps until it tells you to install or repair.
    Gah! You took my line! "Blue Screen of Death". MY first question is, What operating system do you have. This is important because I've seen this countless times with Windows Vista. If you have XP, it could be a slightly different problem.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbits are Roadkill View Post
    Gah! You took my line! "Blue Screen of Death". MY first question is, What operating system do you have. This is important because I've seen this countless times with Windows Vista. If you have XP, it could be a slightly different problem.
    I didn't really steal your line. all people in the IT business refers to it as such.
    but your advise is correct most screens of death happen with vista.
    but like I said in my previous post, do a windows repair.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Blue screen huh....ok I will offer my help:

1) What is your operating system?

2) Go to start and choose run and paste this then hit enter; this will take you to the system's event viewer:

%SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

Look in the different areas for an event that took place moments before the crash, see what is causing it.

Post the "exact" message you are getting from the crash (note the error will have a red icon but be sure to look at the one with the time closest to your crash as there could be multiple errors in there).

The fact is it could be bad sectors on your hard drive, a memory over-buffer caused by a virus, Video card issue, I/O sharing violation, Memory sharing violation, etc...

And thus that message will play an important role in fixing the issue without you having to reformat (potentially).

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    your advise is correct most screens of death happen with vista.
    but like I said in my previous post, do a windows repair.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that most BSOD happen with Vista. Its true that Vista, being relatively new, is experiencing newbie OS growing pains, but BSOD can happen with XP, WIN98, WIN95, WIN-ME, & 3.1. Considering that the majority of users are still using XP, I would have to assume that most BSOD errors happen with XP. XP is more refined that Vista--no argument there, but BSOD errors can be caused by third party drivers, programs, or hardware issues. That means BSOD errors are relative to the quality and refinement of drivers and compatible hardware per OS as apposed to the OS itself. I would go as far as to say that any stock PC that ships with Vista is stable enough to not experience BSOD until the user adds content and changes hardware (assuming you buy a decent brand). But where's the fun in that?

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

"Its true that Vista, being relatively new, is experiencing newbie OS growing pains..."

That, my friend, is putting it lightly.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Nov 12, 2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Quote not needed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast