Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My computer is possesed by the devil!

Newbie Chibi is off to a good start Chibi's Avatar
    Thanks

My computer is possesed by the devil!

Okay, the internet only works at night, and it isnt restricted at all, it restarts by itself, the cd drive only works when my friend ripes his death metal cds to the c drive so he can sync his mp3 player, and the thing comes on with out anyone touching it. The thing is either possesed, or has serious problems. What do you guys think?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My computer is possesed by the devil!

Since you didn't bother giving us information like your system specs, what OS you're running and the like, I'm going to guess that you're running windows.

As for the internet, Phone your internet service provider and get help about that issue.

To fix the computer, run Check disk, defragment the hard drive, make sure you have downloaded all the latest windows updates and service packs, and run anti virus (Like AVG) and anti spyware programs (Like Spybot Search & Destroy).

For your CD Rom drive, open up the computer case (With the computer turned off and unplugged, no sense frying yourself and the computer) and make sure the connections running to your CD drive to your motherboard are firmly in place.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Try pouring holy water over it! xD

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Try pouring holy water over it! xD
    cheeky git:P:

Thanks

Well as for most of that, it's been done. Exept the holy-water thing, i'm not THAT desprate. It's XP(I HATE Vista) and we have done everything on that list execp take the tower apart and check tha drive that way, thanks sby the way, didn't think of that. The net is wireless, so thats alot of that prob, but its still way to spasctic to be normal. And i'm thinking i might just get a new one...(Cries at the thought of loosing all her writing)

Thanks

If the net is wireless, you might want to try going into your wireless router's internals and changing the wireless broadcast frequency to something other then the default.

Thanks

Actally its not on default. Would being in the basment have any effect? my boyfriend says it won't, but...

Thanks

As long as you're getting a full strength signal, you should be fine, but changing it from the default would prevent interference form cordless phones, microwaves, cell phones and the like. I had my new linksys router for about a week and wondered why my net speed dropped every time I phoned my mother... then I looked at the frequency of the phone and the router.

As for it only working at night, try looking at your routers firmware version as well as the driver for your wireless card, they might need updating.

But if you update your firm ware on your router, do it from a computer that is connected via a cable, if you do it over your wireless connection, you will Brick it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast