+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Computer Threw Up and Died...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

My Computer Threw Up and Died...

what is the meaning of this criptic message? well, my laptop had been doing pretty well for a while then one day the strangest thing happend...

when i turned it on, a black screen appeared with old school looking white text. it basically said that something had made a boo-boo in the system and asked to be run on Safe-Mode... so i did, but now my Laptop can barely start up, i can maybe open one file and then it totally freezes on me... i have no idea what's wrong and no idea how to take it off safe mode...

i thought about taking it to Geek Squad but that costs a butt-load of money i don't have...

any suggestions?

p.s.: before that happend to me, my sister said the computer was slower than usual... but it was still able to run a long fine, however, she accidently pressed the quick play button (located over the F1-10 buttons, it basically is a "quicker" way to play DVDs but mostly it just takes a while to load and a while to close) anyway, she said she just shut down the computer after that by pressing the button, hopefully this can give some backround!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My Computer Threw Up and Died...

well, I'm going to assume that you're running windows.

We're going to have to know exactly what the computer said.

From what You've told me, the screen you saw was windows' "Windows didn't Shut down/Start Up properly, what do you want to do" screen with the options:

Start Windows in Safemode, Safemode with Networking, and a couple others with the option for Starting windows normally, or using the last known settings that worked.

Normally, the best setting to use is the last known settings that worked, and everything should work fine.

Safemode is really only for people who know what they're doing and is normally a last ditch way to fix problems, or to fix things that can't be fixed when windows is normally running.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My Computer Threw Up and Died...

^_^ okay cool, i'll see if this works sometime today or tomorrow to see if it works! thanks Man Ace!

+ Reply to Thread