+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My internet is dead...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

My internet is dead...

my computer has always had trouble with the internet. okay, that's been said.

well, there's a little tab thing on the front side of my Lappy that manually turns on/off the wireless thingy for the internet. one night, i found that the internet was turned off, even though this tab was in the "on" position. i tried right clicking to see the avaliable networks, but nothing came up (this happend for the past week since i got my laptop from being repaired from another problem. that problem? basically my computer got really slow one day to the point where it could barely turn on. it would get to the desktop, and that's it. the problem was repaired, and the tech guy said it might have been a bug from something i downloaded.). so i went into the network area, and tried enabling it from there. another no-go. even changed it to the automatic IP address, nothing happend. i went back to the network area and it said that the Broadcom 802.11 B/G WLAN (or Wireless Connection 2) was disabled and malfunctioning. so, i went through the troubleshoot to resolve the problem. the
    HP Total Care thingy told me to click on the link to the device manager, uninstall the Broadcom thing, and then re-install it. thing is, when i went to re-install it, it wasn't on any of the lists on the device manager, or anywhere else.

T_T what happend this time???

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My internet is dead...

well it might be a temporary connection problem but you have talked to your company right?
    they are the ones that help you. Maybe it is interfering with some sort of cable. Also, try running a virus test, just to be on the safe side. Do you have any other cables around your laptop?
    EDIT: or try this

1) Check that your Wireless Card in your laptop is not reset after you reboot the system, the card may be turned off when you reboot by default or something similar.
    2) If your hub is secured you may find you need to save the password (network key) in the Wireless Network Connection provided by Microsoft.
    3) Check to see that you didn't get some fancy software with your laptop which is running parallel to your Microsoft software, but is doing different things, like disabling the adapter/not allowing you to automatically connect etc.
    also if you have connect your laptop to your desk top by putting a wireless card in the desktop pc you can create a network between the two. then by using a dongle on your lap top you should be able to connect to the internet without any problems.

and i learned when i had one that the U.S.B port or socket in which you insert the cable from your wireless telephone set, should be used for only this purpose. During installation from the cd, the drivers are installed for the particular port to which that device is connected at that time. so, you must not insert any other cable plug of any other device in that U.S.B socket which you use for connecting your wireless phone

and one more thing sry

Abu....Does you computer have a wireless switch? Mine actually has two and sometime the one gets shut off while traveling. Mine is located on the side of my computer. You might want to refer back to your computer documentation to see whether or not you have one. The other one is a function key and F8 on my computer.

Hope that helps ^-^

Last edited by iluvmyloser; Dec 01, 2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention something
    Yeah, Bye.

Newbie necro606 is off to a good start necro606's Avatar
    Thanks

In the device manager is their a red x over any hardware devices? If their is you need to see what it is and get the drivers for it. if not in the device manager scan for hardware changes by right clicking the network devices. The slowing of your computer could be caused by a device problem or viruses(hence above). You should try more than one virus program than the regular tools such as Adaware SE and Spybot S&D.
    Darkness prevails at the end!!!!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

oh, wow thanks!

^_^ i'll have my tech-y boyfriend get right to it!

Newbie necro606 is off to a good start necro606's Avatar
    Thanks

The home of Spybot-S&D!

Ad-Aware 2007 Free - Lavasoft

Those are the links to the two programs i mentioned. if your problem persists to continue just let me know.
    Darkness prevails at the end!!!!

+ Reply to Thread