Closed Thread

Thread: New browser and connecting to the net...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

New browser and connecting to the net...

I figured that I'm in need of an update of my net browser (I've been using the old Firefox and its modded counter part lolifox til now) and I've decided to go for the new Firefox3 and IE7. But unfortunately for some strange reason I'm unable to connect online with the newly installed and updated browsers.

I know that I'm connected to the net (or else I wouldnt be posting this now would I?) but now I can only get my lolifox browser to work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the applications and even tried a system recovery but now Firefox is completely out of the game for me, IE to add onto it. The diagnostic check comes up on both browsers when the page cant be displayed and the result says there is no problem with my connections or anything. I've checked my firewall settings and everything and I just cant seem to find the cause.

...so, am I due to bring in my PC to get looked by a pro or am I just ultimately screwed for unknown reasons?
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New browser and connecting to the net...

Things don't just mess up for some reason. Have you try something as simple as restarting your modem?? And are you on a network at home?? Sometimes it could also be coincidence that your ISP is knocked out locally for the time being.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No way your getting blocked by a pro lol... whats the proxy settings to cause if there's info in there that's not needed it will do your problem.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My suggestion for you is to use Firefox 3 with the IEtab plug in, and only use that when you absolutly need too.

IE7, regardless of what crap Micro$haft is telling you, is a security breach on your computer. Plain and Simple. 6 months of working Internet Tech support for Comcast has taught me that.

What IEtab does is open a new tab that is an actual Internet Explorer window. It also puts an Icon in the lower right of the screen that if you click it, will switch rendering engine from Firefox to IE.

Here's the link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Now, onto your main problem:

Do you connect your internet directly from your computer to your modem?

If yes, contact your ISP and talk to their friendly tech-support (Calling them friendly is a joke, actually calling them isn't. They will help you).

If no, and you use a router of some kind, remove that router from the equation and connect directly to your modem, if problem persists, contact your ISP.

Reason I say to call them is because they know how their services are run, and they know any special settings that they have just for their network.

And lastly, Violent, DO NOT tell someone that they are being hacked unless you know what THE HELL you are talking about. The Majority of Internet Service Providors, expecially broadband (like DSL and Cable internet) do not need proxy settings to work, and should just work with no special settings required.
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 09, 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    And lastly, Violent, DO NOT tell someone that they are being hacked unless you know what THE HELL you are talking about. The Majority of Internet Service Providors, expecially broadband (like DSL and Cable internet) do not need proxy settings to work, and should just work with no special settings required.
    Can you read I said I he wasn't I don't see how you took that one out of context... -_-

Know what you are talking about before you flame?

I said he might have a proxy program ( for one maybe cause with Proxy Switcher Pro people don't realize in the background it still runs through the proxy even thou the program isn't running ) and he could have something in the proxy settings for the browser itself which could make it not connect.

You don't need to call tech support for a problem like this since you could fix it without the help. And if its a router issue just open the ports which you need.

...so, am I due to bring in my PC to get looked by a pro
    Looked like

...so, am I being locked by a pro

When I skim read it...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Closing thread as I FINALLY figured out the problem...and boy, is my face red. Turns out I had two Firewalls running and the other one that I had no idea was on until recently was blocking all access. So....(-///-);;;

~Thanks to all that tried to help this fool.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinku no kage For This Useful Post:

Legend (Nov 16, 2008)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

LoL, if that was your issue, and you had phoned me when I was still doing tech support, I would have had you check your firewall settings right after I confirmed your modem was online. Guess I'm out of practice... haven't done support work since may.

Closed Thread