+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No sound On DVD Playback

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

No sound On DVD Playback

I recently got a dell Inspiron 530, and it came with Cyberlinks PowerDVD to play DVD's. That works great, but when i play A DVD on WMP or the Real player i get a video, but no sound. Does anyone know whats going on? On my old system WMP and Real Played DVD's great. I say its a conspiracy by Cyberlink.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: No sound On DVD Playback

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I recently got a dell Inspiron 530, and it came with Cyberlinks PowerDVD to play DVD's. That works great, but when i play A DVD on WMP or the Real player i get a video, but no sound. Does anyone know whats going on? On my old system WMP and Real Played DVD's great. I say its a conspiracy by Cyberlink.
    Its because PowerDVD uses its own proprietary CODEC (with DRM support) instead of the system installed CODEC. Time to look for that ffdshow package (or CCCP which includes it)

Now if I can only get my WMP (on VISTA) to recognize .mp4 files...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Its because PowerDVD uses its own proprietary CODEC (with DRM support) instead of the system installed CODEC. Time to look for that ffdshow package (or CCCP which includes it)

Now if I can only get my WMP (on VISTA) to recognize .mp4 files...
    Whats preventing WMP, and Real from using the system CODEC? Or does it need to share with another program to Work right? Like my old system probably used WINDVD.

Oh BTW im not using Vista, still with XP.

Installed K-Lite Codec Pack, and now my sound is back. Yeah!! So it does seem WMP and Real need some program to piggyback off of.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 20, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

Newbie Zatoichi is off to a good start Zatoichi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah what they said just kiddin I had the same problem and what they said actually made sense somewhat you cant fix it unless you can change the format somehow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    yeah what they said just kiddin I had the same problem and what they said actually made sense somewhat you cant fix it unless you can change the format somehow
    Sorry, but what are you talking about?/

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Download VLN its a total Package. Type in google for VLN.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

+ Reply to Thread