+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop vs MangaStudio

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Photoshop vs MangaStudio

is MangaStudio actually that much more skewed for the genre than photoshop? or shoud i say, is it really worth buying over photoshop? what are some nice features, if you know? i have thought about buying it but would like to know more first.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Photoshop vs MangaStudio

Photoshop is a fully featured professional photo editing suite and is 10 times more powerful then Mangastudio.

Mangastudio is a money grab from eFrontier to take advantage of the Manga/Anime boom in amature graphic editing here in North America.

Professionals who do make comics wouldn't use such a peice of software, but if you want too, go a head and spend the 250 dollars, its your money.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

You should probably be comparing Mangastudio to Illustrator instead of Photoshop. Photoshop is great for post production, but you would create in Illustrator using a scanned rough sketch or direct via pen and tablet. It is possible to do this in Photoshop, but needlessly tedious.

I agree with Aceman that you can not compare Mangastudio to any Adobe content creation software, however, Mangastudio does have a few advantages to the novice who might otherwise have issues with using non-guided programs such as Illustrator or Photoshop. There are several presets and manga specific options which would reduce the learning curve and/or repetitive nature of manga.

Thanks

i always used Illustrator to make it first, but ppl riddiculed me for it....

btw, what you said about mangastudio was pretty much waht i thought- a dummed down program.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i always used Illustrator to make it first, but ppl riddiculed me for it....

fred gallagher of Megatokyo puts all his comics together using Illustrator, so next time someone tells you different, tell him that Fred's Making a living supporting his wife and soon to be born child off a comic that he makes in Illustrator.

Thanks

i see, now i dont feel so bad.
    i would always-
    scan original lineart
    trace with pen tool
    make shure everything looks ok
    export to photoshop
    color/finish

theres probably an easier/quicker way to doing this, but..... i had to teach myself.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i see, now i dont feel so bad.
    i would always-
    scan original lineart
    trace with pen tool
    make shure everything looks ok
    export to photoshop
    color/finish

theres probably an easier/quicker way to doing this, but..... i had to teach myself.
    Why don't you just keep your creation in Illustrator until it is just about complete, and only use Photoshop for the post production (effects, image processing, touch up, manipulation). Also, don't feel that you HAVE to use Photoshop. Not every image requires post production. It is very possible to over produce art. You need to judge the fine line between polishing and needless effects for each piece of art independently of the last.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Know1, All my vector work is made in illustrator amd I use photoshop to do minor color corrrections (due the conversion of CMYK to RGB color modes), and to re-size the image.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast