+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pink dots on psp screen O.o

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

pink dots on psp screen O.o

A few days ago I have been seeing strange pink dots/pixels on my screen. Are these dead pixels or are they something else? And how can these be fixed? here's a pic.

lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: pink dots on psp screen O.o

Since the Screen on a PSP is a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), dead pixels would appear as Black, small tiny dots.

Quick question before continuing: Do these stay in the same place, regardless of what you're doing on the PSP (Playing games, watching movies, browsing the web, ect)?

Pink dots on the other hand does ring a bell to me. While I was doing TV tech support for Comcast, problems would come up where a tv would go all pink, there would be pink dots on the screen, and all things in common with these issues would be the connection (In those cases, HDMI), which I would tell the customer to try a different type of HD input (Component or DVI) and see if it fixed it, or send a tech. But since the PSP is a different beast and the connection is inside the machine, I have to ask: Have you dropped it, or otherwise done anything that would damage the internals of the device, and if not, is it under warranty?

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

nope never sat on it or damage the screen

and my warrenty is up on it (had it for over 3 years)

the dots still move and some of them disappear but reappear a short time later

yeah they are still there when i play games and such
    Last edited by nexus21; Jan 28, 2009 at 01:33 AM.
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried installing a new operating system on it, remove the one that is currently on it and install a new one, could be some kind of error in the coding of it. Goto the website and download the newest os on your sdcard and install that on ur system, it should overwrite the other, takes a little time though.

If that doesnt work, good news! the new psp are thinner and cost around $149, Trust me itll be cheaper in the long run than sending it off to be fixed.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, i just turned on my psp for the first time today in weeks and the left have of my screen is smeared with pink. I'll try that OS thing Jade.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread