Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: playin games on new vista...

Newbie chun334 may be famous one day chun334's Avatar
    Thanks

playin games on new vista...

i got my new comp a 2 weeks ago,with windows vista...and i cant play any game, i install it, it has somthing sayin cant extract file on one of the games,other one..when i pressed play whole screen turn black.can any1 help??

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: playin games on new vista...

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So what game is it? And have you tried asking the technical support of the company that publishes it???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Then its probebly only suited for Windows XP but then you should have gotten a warning when your were instaling the game.
    You should go to the website of te manuafacture and there you can find updates for your game for Windows Vista.
    I hade the same probleme whit Norton Antivires 2007 and Windows opent the website of Symantec right away when i started the installing CD, and i downloaded Norton Anitvirus 2007 for Vista.

Newbie senna is off to a good start senna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chun334 View Post
    i got my new comp a 2 weeks ago,with windows vista...and i cant play any game, i install it, it has somthing sayin cant extract file on one of the games,other one..when i pressed play whole screen turn black.can any1 help??
    You should try to speak to a customer service technician- if it does not work on a Vista system, then it is probably a fairly common problem now.

Though sometimes computers are too advanced for older programs to run. You may have to down-grade your graphics card, though most problems like that stem from too fast processors. Most games made for XP are meant to be run on Pentium IV or lower grade processors. Many games will not work if your processor is too fast. Strange and irritating, I know.

Newbie shadowxp may be famous one day shadowxp may be famous one day shadowxp's Avatar
    Thanks

windows vista dont support tht much software. i had the same problem so im waiting for sp1 for vista.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    You should try to speak to a customer service technician- if it does not work on a Vista system, then it is probably a fairly common problem now.

Though sometimes computers are too advanced for older programs to run. You may have to down-grade your graphics card, though most problems like that stem from too fast processors. Most games made for XP are meant to be run on Pentium IV or lower grade processors. Many games will not work if your processor is too fast. Strange and irritating, I know.
    What are you talking about a games are only efected when the Hardware is to old or to slow not when it is to fast then the game wil only use whats necesery to run the game, programes don't run on Vista becose the Software is difrent from XP, most games where made for XP (not new games) and wheren't ment for a difrent OS this include Vista but also Mac, Linux and Unix.

Newbie senna is off to a good start senna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2005 View Post
    What are you talking about a games are only efected when the Hardware is to old or to slow not when it is to fast then the game wil only use whats necesery to run the game, programes don't run on Vista becose the Software is difrent from XP, most games where made for XP (not new games) and wheren't ment for a difrent OS this include Vista but also Mac, Linux and Unix.
    I don't really understand what you are saying/asking, but I'll try to explain.

I was basing my post on the belief that the original poster had a brand new computer- thus with both new hardware and software (not an old computer that was updated from XP to Vista). While processors are made to run so that only what is needed is used, graphics cards and drivers do not- making it impossible to play older games made for XP and the accompaning hardware (it happened when the original XP OS was introduced and all the software companies had created programs for 2000 and 98).

In addition, if you are upgrading from a Mac to a Microsoft OS and have software (such as games) that were orignally made for a Mac, they will not run on a Windows OS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    I don't really understand what you are saying/asking, but I'll try to explain.

I was basing my post on the belief that the original poster had a brand new computer- thus with both new hardware and software (not an old computer that was updated from XP to Vista). While processors are made to run so that only what is needed is used, graphics cards and drivers do not- making it impossible to play older games made for XP and the accompaning hardware (it happened when the original XP OS was introduced and all the software companies had created programs for 2000 and 98).

In addition, if you are upgrading from a Mac to a Microsoft OS and have software (such as games) that were orignally made for a Mac, they will not run on a Windows OS.
    That is what i whas saying, but in your previus post You said that the Hardware whas to good for the games but the fact is that the software or beter said the OS is to new for the game, whit as a result that the game can't function on Vista.
    I never heard that the hardware can be to good for the software, but the software can be to good for the hardware.
    So what i'm saying is that if you want to run Windows 3.11 on a computer that hase a AMD Athlon 64 FX processor then you should have no problemes, but if you want to run Windows Vista on a computer whit a pentium I processor that's inposible.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast