+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Printers

Newbie Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou's Avatar
    Thanks

Printers

Im looking for a good small printer. But i dont know what to look for! Ink or laser printer! I really dont know much about them. I just need small good printer. Hope someone can recommend something.

Thanks in advances!
    gekkou

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Printers

In terms of printers there are two kinds that I know of: Inkjet and Laser. Color laser printers are still pretty expensive and bulky so I doubt you will want that. B&W laser printers are great for school and volume printing.

For Inkjet printers, it depends if you just want a printer or an all-in-one machine. I have experiences w/ both Lexmark and HP, and so far both have disappointed me but HP has redeemed itself with me with the latest machine I have. Epson I heard are also great printers.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I'd go with the Lexmark all-in-one center! I got one for my system at home and it's awesome! It can print, scan, copy, fax, and it even has a slot for two memory cards from digital camaras! I've been using it like crazy ever since!

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Something you should consider before deciding is how often are you going to use that printer. Both ink jet and laser printers have gone to the 'razor blade' model, where they sell the printer at, or even below the cost of manufacture, but make it up on the profit of refills. Laser printers have a much lower cost per page, but the printer costs more, and the price for those toner cartridges are EXPENSIVE (but will last for hundreds of printed pages). Also, laser printers print at a much higher rate of speed. (My oldest nephew, on my recommendations, purchased a laser printer for college, and found it a distinct advantage printing out those last minute assignments compared to his dorm roomates, who could take a half hour or more printing on a ink jet...) Ink jet printers are more affordable, have superior color output, and the refills cost much less, but at the expense of speed, and more expensive cost per page...

If your only print out for casual use, get a ink jet, but if your life (or job, or G.P.A.) depends on the output of your printer, make the investment on a laser printer...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok thanks guys! I'll keep that in mind! :3 I was looking at this Epson printer, might get it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Stay away from lexmark, cartridges are way too expensive, even if you get the no name refills.

In all actuality, its really cheaper to buy a new printer then get replacement cartridges.

+ Reply to Thread