Closed Thread

Thread: Problems with burning anime

Newbie mapadzx2 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Angry Problems with burning anime

Hello I'm trying to burn anmie to a 4.5gig dvd disc my dvd burner is 24x speed and when i burn anmie to the disc it has a write error of some sort......The video's are RMVB files i would like to also find out how to change there format to window media player format so i can watch it on my dvd player.

The anmie burns at 16x speed i don't know how to change what it burns at.
    I'm useing nero essentials to burn it in data dvd disc format.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Problems with burning anmie

Sorry to break it too you, but there are not too many free programs that will convert one format to another (especially Real Media).

I got sick and tired of looking for one that I finally went and paid for one (Xilisoft Video Converter:Convert video AVI MPEG WMV MP4 MKV converter). I primarily use it to convert video files for use on my iPod touch (2nd Gen 32gig)

As for your disc read errors, as soon as you said that the dvd burns at 16x I knew what your problem was: The DVDs that you're using cannot be used at 24x. In the future, if your burning program defaults to a slower speed then what your drive is capable of, leave that setting alone, since its the max speed that the DvD can be burned at.

My suggestion is to A) Not use Real Media. No subbing group in their right minds uses that format anymore, and its proprietory. B) if you're burning Data dvds for playing on divx capable dvd players, stick to xvid and divx formats (most, if not all videos that have the .avi extention are encoded with either of those too codecs anyways)

Moving to Tech Center. Please remember that the Feedback and Questions area is just for Forum related issues.

Thanks
    Thanks for answer much appreciated didn't expect a quick answer!

When i get my vids from reality lapse they start of in real format. If you're burning Data dvds for playing on divx capable dvd players???? How would i know if there divx capible?, stick to xvid and divx formats?

Also If i got this then would it be able to convert my vids from real too windows media player
    Last edited by aceman67; Jan 18, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Problems with burning anime

My suggestion is to not even try converting between the two formats beacuse it would take forever (even converting to iPod format takes hours), and you can most likely find what ever you downloaded in a more common format like xvid.

As for Divx capable dvd players: They have the DivX logo on it. Most newer DVD players have it as a standard feature.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mapadzx2 View Post
    Hello I'm trying to burn anmie to a 4.5gig dvd disc my dvd burner is 24x speed and when i burn anmie to the disc it has a write error of some sort......The video's are RMVB files i would like to also find out how to change there format to window media player format so i can watch it on my dvd player.

The anmie burns at 16x speed i don't know how to change what it burns at.
    I'm useing nero essentials to burn it in data dvd disc format.
    Here is a free one:

Any Video Converter - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

It handles RMVB, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP4 (Xvid & Dvix), and Mpeg1 & 2.

Thanks

cool thx guys ill get it later i got some stuff to do

Thanks

Dead thread, closing

Closed Thread