+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Random black screen crashes while gaming

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

Random black screen crashes while gaming

Ok, so I recently purchased a BFG Geforce 9600 GT overclocked graphics card. Just recently some of my games have started to crash at random times. When it does crash all that happens is my display turns off and the last half second or so music loops over and over. Sometimes the computer will restart automatically but usually I have to turn it off manually. Does anyone have any idea what is causing these crashes? much thanks ='3
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Random black screen crashes while gaming

You might either want to rollback your driver to a previous version or update to the latest version. I had the same issue with my ATI Radeon x1650 when Steam told me to update my driver to the latest version. If it is not necessary just roll it back and see if it works.

And my question to you is, does the crash always happen at the same point of the game?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    You might either want to rollback your driver to a previous version or update to the latest version. I had the same issue with my ATI Radeon x1650 when Steam told me to update my driver to the latest version. If it is not necessary just roll it back and see if it works.

And my question to you is, does the crash always happen at the same point of the game?
    Tried rolling back and updating, same issue both times.

and no the crashes are completely random I just tried playing Dreamlords the reawakening and I was able to play for about 5 minutes before it crashed, before that i was able to play for about 15 min.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexus21 View Post
    Tried rolling back and updating, same issue both times.

and no the crashes are completely random I just tried playing Dreamlords the reawakening and I was able to play for about 5 minutes before it crashed, before that i was able to play for about 15 min.
    hmmmm, okay you need to google how to set your windows so you will get the blue screen of death to tell you what the issue is. Basically I think your computer has setting at restart so when an error happens your computer restarts instead of giving you the blue screen to tell you what's wrong.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

hmmmm, okay you need to google how to set your windows so you will get the blue screen of death to tell you what the issue is. Basically I think your computer has setting at restart so when an error happens your computer restarts instead of giving you the blue screen to tell you what's wrong.
    alright so I did what you said and.... no blue screen The display turns off completely.

Thanks

Lol, sorry I haven't been much help. Here try this:

- Control Panel
    - Adminstrative Tools
    - Event Viewer
    - Then click on System

Look for the one with the red circle X and see what the issue might be by double clicking on it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My suggestion for you is to contact the manufacturer of the card (not nVidia themselves, but the brand, like BFG in your case), they will be able to give you better help.

also, you might want to give one of nVidia's beta drivers a try, I actually got more performace out of my GeForce 8800 GT with the 180 driver.
    GeForce Release 180

Thanks

Lol, sorry I haven't been much help. Here try this:

- Control Panel
    - Adminstrative Tools
    - Event Viewer
    - Then click on System

Look for the one with the red circle X and see what the issue might be by double clicking on it.
    ok ummm the only thing that could relate to the problem is this:
    IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

EDIT: @aceman67 alright I will give those a try and report back

EDIT 2: sorry ace those drivers didn't seem to help
    Last edited by nexus21; Nov 12, 2008 at 02:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast