+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Random black screen crashes while gaming

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Random black screen crashes while gaming

If rolling back the drivers, and using newer ones did not fix the issue, it can be a couple other things.

When I got the motherboard that I have now, I had pretty much the same problem that you have now, the computer store that I got it from took a look at it and were able to reporduce it, but couldn't fix it. Eventually I was able to get it fixed with a BIOS update. Proceed with updating your bios at your own risk, as it will void your warrenty unless it stipulates otherwise, and can turn your expensive peice of computer equipment into a useless peice of grabage if done improperly, and it can even happen if you do it correctly.

The other possiblities that I could think of is faulty hardware (Card, mobo), not enough power from the power supply, poor ventilation (When was the last time you cleaned out your computer case?), improperly seated card, and it could also be steming from the computer configuration that you have causing some kind of conflict.

Also, a question: Did you completly uninstall the previous display drivers before you installed your new card?

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    If rolling back the drivers, and using newer ones did not fix the issue, it can be a couple other things.

When I got the motherboard that I have now, I had pretty much the same problem that you have now, the computer store that I got it from took a look at it and were able to reporduce it, but couldn't fix it. Eventually I was able to get it fixed with a BIOS update. Proceed with updating your bios at your own risk, as it will void your warrenty unless it stipulates otherwise, and can turn your expensive peice of computer equipment into a useless peice of grabage if done improperly, and it can even happen if you do it correctly.

The other possiblities that I could think of is faulty hardware (Card, mobo), not enough power from the power supply, poor ventilation (When was the last time you cleaned out your computer case?), improperly seated card, and it could also be steming from the computer configuration that you have causing some kind of conflict.

Also, a question: Did you completly uninstall the previous display drivers before you installed your new card?
    yeah I was thinking that it could be a faulty card

yes i made sure i completely uninstalled the previous drivers
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

I think you're on to something with the power supply, particularly with an OC version of the 9600. I've never handled the 9600 in person, but did you use the additional 4pin molex power to the card? If so, is your supply at least 300 watts? In all actuality, I wouldn't feel comfortable using that card without at least 450 watts, but it depends on how many other devices and their specs (number of drives and RPMs, processor power consumption, etc). The ventilation is also a good bet as well. Get a program like speedfan to monitor your temps.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I think you're on to something with the power supply, particularly with an OC version of the 9600. I've never handled the 9600 in person, but did you use the additional 4pin molex power to the card? If so, is your supply at least 300 watts? In all actuality, I wouldn't feel comfortable using that card without at least 450 watts, but it depends on how many other devices and their specs (number of drives and RPMs, processor power consumption, etc). The ventilation is also a good bet as well. Get a program like speedfan to monitor your temps.
    See but if you don't even have that plugged in before you boot up it shouldn't even work. It shouldn't work and then restart his computer right?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

@know1: I've got a Corsair 750Watt power supply in this machine so I don't think it's a power problem.

Apparently it likes to crash even when playing web-browser based games o_O;;

okay so I installed speedfan and right now My GPU temp is at 51 degrees Celsius

EDIT: I downgraded back to XP and installed SP3 and some other updates and now my conputer is failing to get past the boot screen it goes through POST okay but it just hangs there afterwards. I`m currently using my Wii. I can't even get into the BIOS or start any OS CDs
    Last edited by nexus21; Nov 17, 2008 at 12:27 AM.
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2