Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RE2 PC Issues

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry RE2 PC Issues

So RE2 worked fine and now it's having issues. When I go to save or load the game crashes. If I change the compatibility stuff the game gets slower then a drunken turtle yet still makes it crash. Give me suggestions. HELP ME!
    Last edited by SamuraiDude128; Sep 12, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: RE2 PC Issues

So your playing Resident Evil 2 on the PC with a emulator and its crashing? I'm not too sure what you mean you have to be more descriptive.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No, I don't use emulators, this is the genuine PC version.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok that's good I was just wondering because emulators have a lot of issues such as what you described.

Are you using Vista because it might be that you need to run RE2 in XP compatibility mode and with admin settings.

Like I said try and give me some information because I still don't have much to work with. Screenshot the error also if you can.

THE RULES!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So, have you tried the 'Official' support site for this game, or is it a 'pirated' copy???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

I am running the game on XP.
    I bought the game, so it is real. Capcom does not hold support for this game anymore.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You do realize, that while Capcom doesn't support the game anymore, did you think that maybe going to Capcom's forums and posting about this issue, that you might get some help from people there who might have had the same issue as you, and have fixed it?

Thanks

I found this on another site with people who had related issues like yourself.

I have the solution!!!!!

I hope it reaches any of you out there...

Open the game launcher and go to options.
    under the SCREEN ADJUSTMENT tab look for DEVICE SETUP and select UNKNOWN CARD. It worked for me, i hope it works for any of you.

ALso if you can't load saved games (propably because you are running windows XP or above) try running the game in windows 95 compatibility mode, if you don't know how to, follow this link

How To Enable Application Compatibility-Mode Technology in Windows 2000 SP2 and SP3

I should add that the compatibility tab will only appear for SHORTCUTS, not for any EXECUTABLE files, so you must create a SHORTCUT in order to apply the compatibility mode.

This method works under windows XP and Windows 2000 running with service packs 2, 3, and 4.

if you are using the compatibility modes for resident evil 2 and the game screen is too small, just press F8 while in the game (i mean while playing, not while being in the menu screen) to change to the desired resolution thus to fullscreen, i also recommend setting your antialaising at its max in your video card settings...

well thats all, GOOD LUCK and Enjoy the game!
    I switched computers from a slow computer (400mHz) to a fast one (2.0 gHz). I have Windows XP with the Service Pack 2. I could not play my favorite game "Resident Evil 2 Platinum Edition" on it because the gameplay was slow. I found this site by Googling "Resident Evil 2 won't play on XP".

I saw the post about running Windows Media Player while running the game, I tried that and the game ran smoothly! So before you start the game, open WMP first. Now, about the Loading the saved Game:

I tried the compatibility issue by switching it to '95. It worked but the screen was too small, so I hit F8 and changed the Screen Resolution and the saved game loads without a hitch!
    All of this with Service Pack 2 installed! So now I can play the game at Normal speed, 640x480 screen resolution and load saved games without a problem!

I gave up playing my favorite game on my PC until I found NT Compatible! Thanks guys for all of your input!
    A few sites I found

Resident Evil 2 on Winxp
    Here's the fix for Resident Evil 3 on Windows XP. Verified. (Someone said this works with RE2 also)

Hope this helps man!

THE RULES!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

SamuraiDude128 (Sep 18, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast