+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RedHat ~

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

RedHat ~

Ok, so I'm starting up finally using Linux RedHat an was wondering how many other people on here have ever done anything with linux? If so, what little comments could you tell me about it, that will help me when i put it on my other system?

I plan on taking my linux + certification this summer, so i got alot to learn, right now we are learning basic things about linux, like directories and sub directories. So im really really, new to the subject and would appreciate any help.

So just tell me things about redhat, that you like, or find remotely helpful tips.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: RedHat ~

Are you aiming for a particular Red Hat based project like Fedora or just the Red Hat Package Manager in general?
    Are you staying in the GUI or are you going completely command line?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though RedHat isn't the only LINUX distribution out there. It's only real advantage is that if you're willing to pay for technical support, its available directly from the company. Ubuntu is another distribution that is gaining in popularity, with better compliance with the concept of 'Open Source'....

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu
    Ubuntu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ubuntu Linux Vs. Windows Vista: The Battle For Your Desktop -- Ubuntu Linux, Windows Vista
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Len, I strongly suggest Ubuntu, and out of all the versions of Ubuntu, Intrepid (8.10) is by far the best one I've used to date, as well as being the most stable. Installing programs is a breeze, and it looks sweet.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Ubuntu is indeed great for when you want to stay in the GUI.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried gentoo but it was a little above my understanding after about 20 hours of trying to get everything installed on it right, just downloaded fedora 10, its something like redhat from what i learned, and pretty good for myself as a linux noob.

Also was thinking of trying ubuntu as well, ive heard alot about it
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

+ Reply to Thread