+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: removing subtitles from an AMV?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

removing subtitles from an AMV?

i have been making AMV's for a while now and was wondering if there is a compatable program i can use with windows to remove the dialog from the anime i use or is this something i just have to deal with and not worry about?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: removing subtitles from an AMV?

To my knowledge about that kinda software i sorta doubt there is.
    my best bet would have to be using fansubs that need special extensions to view their subtitle work.thus not letting the subtitles come through.

or just find that raws that are out.(they're easy to get.) <i'd go with this

Making AMV's rule number 11, 'dont use subtitles unless you are willing to insert a small black bar to cover them" (it also creates a cinematic effect if you do :P)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    Thanks

Making AMV's rule number 11, 'dont use subtitles unless you are willing to insert a small black bar to cover them" (it also creates a cinematic effect if you do :P)
    sweet i never thought of that i will try that method and look
    for raw clips like you sugested

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

RAW is straight Japanese no subs I know there is something to split the subtitles from the AMV but I have no clue what it is :/ I'll ask around to see what you have to do.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Just go with the raw versions, they are the way to go.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

*cough* if you are using footage from DVD's you own it shouldn't be an issue*cough* granted I know that isn't always plausible but it does give you the best quality footage if you rip straight from a DVD...which again you have control of the subtitles. The problem with subtitles is once you rip the footage (if they are turned on) then you are stuck with them (to my knowledge).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    *cough* if you are using footage from DVD's you own it shouldn't be an issue*cough* granted I know that isn't always plausible but it does give you the best quality footage if you rip straight from a DVD...which again you have control of the subtitles. The problem with subtitles is once you rip the footage (if they are turned on) then you are stuck with them (to my knowledge).
    lol true but my hard drive dosnt have the dvd drive it has to cd aiduo drives
    so im trying to find another way but that is a good idea though i will see f i can do that with somones pc later thanks

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing is Holder, DVD drives are cheap these days...$20ish bucks new...and they are easy to install...if you are serious into AMV's you need the power to rip your own footage...if for nothing else the boost in video footage quality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast