+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rundll32.exe

Newbie keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy rundll32.exe

ok whenever I start maplestory (a game) I'm getting an error that says 'rundll32.exe application error and some codes like this 0x00(then followed by certain numbers and letters). Can someone help me with this? Some people told me it's a virus some told me it's a spyware.....

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: rundll32.exe

Rundll32.exe is a neccasary part of Windows.Dont delete it.

This file gets corrupted very easily and very easily infected with spyware,malware and virus' so it could be any of what you were told it was.

My advice is to get Ewido anti walware,Spybot search and destroy and AVG free(all easily found though google).That should clear up your problem

Always remember to have a good anti virus and anti spyware(Those above are very good) and always scan things your downloading

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

norton anitvirus is ussually enough on that front, and they now have all the other blockers for like a dollar more.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks

About Anti-virus and Anti-malwares Tavrail is right, You need one to protect your PC.

But this kind of error from maplestory can be another thing.

Is your Windows XP updated? Are you using the latest DirectX 9? Are your Drivers updated? Did u try reinstall the game? Can your PC run maplestory? This and much more questions can be the problem ^^.

So the first of all attempts to solve this problem is, Update!!! After that, Reinstall, for the last Format c:\!!! ^^ I just did it today twice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paiki View Post
    About Anti-virus and Anti-malwares Tavrail is right, You need one to protect your PC.

Is your Windows XP updated? Are you using the latest DirectX 9? Are your Drivers updated? Did u try reinstall the game? Can your PC run maplestory? This and much more questions can be the problem ^^.

So the first of all attempts to solve this problem is, Update!!! After that, Reinstall, for the last Format c:\!!! ^^ I just did it today twice
    I dont think so...I think he had maple story running already but the rundll got corrupted.It can happen very easily especially if your downloading stuff.Try those apps first before messing aorund with drivers and stuff...And maplestory is a very low spec game so practicially any pc could run it.

And yes Norton is generally very good...i only mentioned those cus they were free to use

Newbie keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15 may be famous one day keitaro15's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paiki View Post

I'm using the latest directx 9, I did try to reinstall the game and my pc can run maplestory but the error pops the same time maplestory starts to run. Update, I'm not sure since my dad uses the computer most of the time....

I have a McAfee anti-virus does that work?

Thanks

MAcAffee is ok but you should get all the programs i mentioned earlier and run them...I had this problem about a two months ago and they fixed it fine for me

By any chance does a little message pop up beofre turning off your comp?

+ Reply to Thread