Closed Thread

Thread: Safari Browser(Windows)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari Browser(Windows)

Has anyone tried this browser yet? Its not half bad. Its suppose to be the fastest. The only thing its lacking is good extensions. Its gotta get an Adblocker, themes, No Script, cookie blocker, and so on. It did import my firefox bookmarks, which was a time saver.

Newbie Aby The Liberal is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Safari Browser(Windows)

Extensions or not, it is still not upto the mark of Mac OS X Safari. It crashes like hell, there is no session saver and the snapback feature can hang the Windows computer randomly. Unless an RC and production version is out, I'm on the wait.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll give it a try once I get home from work, but nothing is going to make me switch from Firefox.

I'll put it through its pases.

An interesting note is that Safari was originally built off of the Mozilla Project...

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wel I have used Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox and Opera web browser and from these 3 webbrosers i thought Opera was the best.
    Firefox it is pretty good but you cant see al the pages you have opent in tabs at the same time.
    Internet explorer 7 is a copy of both Firefox and Opera, and securaty software is so safe that it' completly useless it slows internet down and you can' use things like full screen from ful sceen Flash player (wich i use a lot).
    Opera webbrowser looks completly difrent from Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox and for some of use it wil take some time getting used to, but it' faster then the other 2 and hase a good guide to show how evrything works.
    But i think i'll give it a try.
    Wel i tryed it and my first inpresion it looks difrent then the tree webbrowsers that i mensiont but it works simular.
    I like the way it looks but it hase the same problem as Firefox i can' see the pages i opent in tabs or i just haven' found that buten yet.
    Last edited by gigi2005; Jun 25, 2007 at 06:36 PM.

Thank you for the signature FLawEdmiNd.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Opera doesn't display web pages properly (There are some that just don't work), and while it does a better job of adhering to W3C standards, it doesn't come close to Firefox, which at the moment is the best browser on the market. It displays websites correctly, it does the best job of following W3C standards (its not perfect, but its still better then IE or Opera).

To show this, I'll show you the same website on all 4 browsers.
    I'll use my personal art portfolio as the example, since it is Fully W3C compliant HTML 4.01 Transitional, and CSS 2.0
    Please note that the broken image is originally a counter supplied by a 3rd party that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet, so please ignore it.

The first is displayed in Lolifox (A redress of Firefox 2.0.0.4). This is how the web page was designed to look like. Notice the Copyright information centered under the box, and there's a black border around the White image.

The next is Opera, freshly installed. There's no Border around the images, so the webpage is not displayed as the web designer (myself) intended. This is an example of a browser not properly handling CSS

The next is Internet Explorer 7, fully updated. The link boarder is again, ignored by the browser, but this time, replaced by IE's default color, Blue. Again, Not handling CSS properly.

And lastly, Safari. Where to begin with this one... Ok, the Copyright info is not centered under the box, the font as been completely ignored (It's supposed to be Verdana, which is a variant of Arial designed specificly for web use), and again, and there is no border around the white image. All of this is because the browser does not handle CSS properly.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari isn't all bad and yea its fast but it needs to be worked on, I still love Firefox the most then probably Opera. I will never use IE ever ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tried Safari. It is too poor in features for my needs. I'm sticking with Firefox.

Thanks

Dead topic, Closing...

Closed Thread