+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saving to a CD

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Saving to a CD

I know I must sound like a complete idiot, but I don't know how to save documents to a CD-Rom. I can save to a floppy disc, but not to a CD. I need help! How do I do it? It's URGENT!!!!! (Note: 5 Exclamation points! The sign of a person about to snap!)

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Saving to a CD

This is real easy actually, if you have Nero then go to the smart start then choose the type of disk you want ( ex. music, data, etc. ) then add the file(s) you want into the list; put an empty disk in the drive ( you have to get the right kind of disk be it -R or +R ) and click to burn it.

If you don't have Nero post here what kind of burning software you have, or if you don't at all.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This is real easy actually, if you have Nero then go to the smart start then choose the type of disk you want ( ex. music, data, etc. ) then add the file(s) you want into the list; put an empty disk in the drive ( you have to get the right kind of disk be it -R or +R ) and click to burn it.

If you don't have Nero post here what kind of burning software you have, or if you don't at all.
    Er . . . I have a Windows 2000 Home Edition computer . . . that's about all I know. I transferred the documents I want to copy into their own little folder. My mother uses the same rewritable CDs as I have . . . (Memorex High Speed CD-RW, 12x) whatever that means. I'm no help at all, am I?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Not much... go to My Computer and then C:/ and go into the Program Files, look for a folder named Nero if you have it you have Nero.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well assuming that your mother has already done this before, I am assuming you do it the same way as you would save it to a floppy disk. With a re-writeable cd and a rewritable drive, you just save it or copy whatever file you need into your cd drive.

However, you have to realize that other cd drives in other computers might not always be able to read cds that are not finalized (a procedure you have to do to kind of "close" the door on a cd)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If you dont have a burning program, you can right click on the folder and Hit "Send to", and choose that drive.

Rec. now should have come with your PC. It has an option where you can record a data CD. It came with my XP, not sure its on Windows 2000.

+ Reply to Thread