+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: setting up wireless for laptop help

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: setting up wireless for laptop help

i've set up my wiresless router with WEP or whatever encryption kuz i dont want people to steal my internet speed. i even entered the password on the laptop but it still doesnt connect.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iazndragoni yan View Post
    what does it mean in this picture. it says AUTOMATIC

http://xshinox.250free.com/wifi_problem.JPG
    this picture means that if you want to search for the strongest connection to the internet, select automatic, and that one at the top has a lock code in it, judging by the lock, and from there will come up a list of internet connections. and the BJ one you click on and select connect, and if it doesnt work, try disabling the option of automatic connecting, by selecting 'change advanced settings'

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

If the Acti0nTec network is yours, you can leave the "Automatic" setting on. That way, whenever you power on the machine, it will automatically connect to the first "Auto" network in the list, yours.

If you're sure the WEP code is correct (have you re-entered it?), you might reset the router/wireless station. Adding a new computer needs that sometimes. When nobody's using the Internet: shutdown the laptop, unplug the router, unplug the modem, wait a minute or so, then power back modem, then router, then restart the laptop.

If the laptop still won't get out, you're router might have some auto limitations on network IPs. Kinda like a firewall, it blocks certain IPs from getting out. I don't know the details about Actiontec routers, though. Try the reset option first. It worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2