+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should this be included?

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Should this be included?

I thinking of burning the whole set of Midori no Hibi I've downloaded to 5 CDRswhen I saw this file named:[A-E]_Midori_no_Hibi.sfv . Does it have to be included in every single CDR with the episode so that I can see them? (Player issue is not a problem coz I'm planning to use ZoomPlayer to view them and I' planing to but the CCCP on my first disk incase I lost everything. . .)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should this be included?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The .sfv file contains the CRC32 checksum that is used to check the file integrity (or download errors in the file) and is not needed to play the file... Usually the checksum is included as a part of the filename, though some groups prefer to use a .sfv file for this information.

You can download this utility that can recreate the CRC32 checksum, which you compare against the .sfv value. Any difference indicates file corruption...

SfvCheck - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Thanks

So it means I dun have to include it to play the files but it can be inclluded to check file curruptions? and after it detects file curruption what will happen?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    So it means I dun have to include it to play the files but it can be inclluded to check file curruptions? and after it detects file curruption what will happen?
    It is used to compare the original files to the one's you downloaded. The .sfv file contains the info on the original files and compares the info it generates on the downloaded files to original info. If they match you know that the files have downloaded correctly and all is fine. If they don't it means you have a 'corrupted' file somewhere that is not the same as the original. You'll have to download that file over again.

This is the big reason I use Azureus. It checks the file for me as soon as it's downloaded. If there is a problem it downloads the correct data for me automatically. If there is a problem in my playback I know it's how the file was burned, not my copy I downloaded. I'm not sure what other bit torrent clients do this but it's the big reason I stick with Azureus.

So, if your check fails you need to redownload the episode it failed on.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    It is used to compare the original files to the one's you downloaded. The .sfv file contains the info on the original files and compares the info it generates on the downloaded files to original info. If they match you know that the files have downloaded correctly and all is fine. If they don't it means you have a 'corrupted' file somewhere that is not the same as the original. You'll have to download that file over again.

This is the big reason I use Azureus. It checks the file for me as soon as it's downloaded. If there is a problem it downloads the correct data for me automatically. If there is a problem in my playback I know it's how the file was burned, not my copy I downloaded. I'm not sure what other bit torrent clients do this but it's the big reason I stick with Azureus.

So, if your check fails you need to redownload the episode it failed on.
    Would that be same as the "hash check" thing i get from Bitcomet??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is the same. Related to the download, not viewing the file. So you wouldn't need to keep your .sfv unless you were going to re-share/upload your files. If they're already on CD, you could probably lose the sfv.

Thanks

Er.. one more thing, subs like negima!? dun come with the .sfv file, so does it mean Azureus wont recheck it?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If the CRC32 value is included in the file name (something like '[1234ABCD]') or is posted on the BitTorrent entry webpage, you can generate the .sfv file and open it with note pad (it's a text file) and manually compare the checksum with the posted value and see if they match...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast