+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slave Drive

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Slave Drive

I have a hard drive that i use to store all my anime in. if i use the compress hadr drive under the drives propetys meny will this effect the playing of any of the filles?
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

-=Tumble_Dry=-
    Well, your english is very hard to understand... So here is what I got from it.

You want to compress your hard drive.. why? To save space? NTFS compression can save disk space, but compressing data can affect backup and restore performance. The major problem introduced by disk compression is SPEED, or rather, lack of it. Disk compression slows down your hard drives by a noticible margin, because every time you open a file, it has to be decompressed into memory. And everytime you save a file, more memory is taken up by the compression process. Of course, the makers of the software packages advertise that the difference is imperceptible. They lie. Your better off not doing that. lol

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Plus, your anime files are already in a compressed video format... Trying to compress them further isn't going to gain much space...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Slave Drive

now that my drive has so little space i keep getting this pop up window from the start bar saying to click here to open the drives clean disk option every 5 minutes. is there a way to disable this feature? it starting to get on my nerves.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

-=Tumble_Dry=-

yea do what it says, or disable notices in windows.. which isnt somthing you really want to do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -=Tumble_Dry=- View Post
    yea do what it says, or disable notices in windows.. which isnt somthing you really want to do.
    i cant do what it says. theres only 3 options. one is to empty ti recycleing bin wich is empty. the second is to compress the drive wich only contains my anime files. and the third is to catalog files for the content indexer wich show it will free up 0 kb anyway.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this option is available to you or not but it works for me.
    Burn your anime to DVDs. Having them in your hard drive takes up way too much space.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble grumble grumble

Also, try the 'Cleanup' option that is located under drive properties... It's amazing how much space those abandoned temp files can take up. Also 'Documents and Setting'/<user>/Local Setting/Temp is another place where space hogging temp files (which poorly written application forget to cleanup..) can be found.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast