+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slave Drive

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Slave Drive

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I'm not sure if this option is available to you or not but it works for me.
    Burn your anime to DVDs. Having them in your hard drive takes up way too much space.
    True. I have thought of that. Do you know any dvd burners you would recomend?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble grumble grumble

Also, try the 'Cleanup' option that is located under drive properties... It's amazing how much space those abandoned temp files can take up. Also 'Documents and Setting'/<user>/Local Setting/Temp is another place where space hogging temp files (which poorly written application forget to cleanup..) can be found.
    Cant theres only one folder in the hole drive and that for my anime. Its a slave drive and contains no programs or setting files beyond those normaly needed for hard drive needs.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I do the same thing (master/slave setup), but CD or DVD backup is a very good idea. Hard drives are prone to crash unexpectedly, and if your slave is a 5 year old 10gb drive (or similar), even more so. If it's a series you enjoy, burn discs. If you didn't care for it much, delete it after you watch it.

I can't recommend any DVD burners, but the simple ones have become cheaper. Hi-tech ones with dual layering and such are very expensive and arguably not worth the price (yet?). I got an external (USB) DVD-RW for work for $60-70USD.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sukotsu9 View Post
    I do the same thing (master/slave setup), but CD or DVD backup is a very good idea. Hard drives are prone to crash unexpectedly, and if your slave is a 5 year old 10gb drive (or similar), even more so. If it's a series you enjoy, burn discs. If you didn't care for it much, delete it after you watch it.

I can't recommend any DVD burners, but the simple ones have become cheaper. Hi-tech ones with dual layering and such are very expensive and arguably not worth the price (yet?). I got an external (USB) DVD-RW for work for $60-70USD.
    Just wondering. but where did you buy you external (USB) DVD-RW for work for $60-70USD?
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2