+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slow computer...

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Slow computer...

It could be that you have fragmentation the best whay to solve that is whit defracmentation.
    Just go to start then programs then to acsesories then go disk cleaning (don't know for sure this is the name but it should be somthing whit disk) and then you wil see disk defragmentation.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    Have you checked how much hard drive space you have left?

I know that my computer doesn't like it when I have 40% free space in my main drive. It could be that your laptop is getting close to being full. And seeing as it is a laptop, its the more reason to make sure you create backup discs with your work etc because laptops don't hold as much as a normal desktop PC.

So many try getting rid of unwanted programmes and files that you don't anymore can go on a data disc maybe.

do you know how i could do something like this?

^o^ as you can tell, i'm not very good at using my computarmabox

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

well it could be you have gone on a lot of sites and it has a lot of cookies you can get a ccleaner to help that or it could be you have to much things on your labtop like downloads thats most of the time your problem so i would ask a person like me who knows about computers to take some of the useless junk your little sister put on and one of the downloads could have a virus that has been doing some of the damage that your spyware could not well please tell me if any of those things worked.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

where would i get these CD cleaners? are they available at computer stores like Circuit City and the like?

^o^ also she's not my little sister, she's ten years older than me... but she's addicted to MySpace... and i let her borrow it so she HAS to give me a ride in the rare occasion that i ask!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    where would i get these CD cleaners? are they available at computer stores like Circuit City and the like?

^o^ also she's not my little sister, she's ten years older than me... but she's addicted to MySpace... and i let her borrow it so she HAS to give me a ride in the rare occasion that i ask!
    To delete cookies just go to Mycomputer then do a right click on the Local Disk(C, go to properties then click on disk cleanup. Once there is gonna give you a list of the stuff you may want to delete such as cookies, compressed files, temporary internet files and so on. I hope this can help you.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

heh i forgot to do a disk cleanup and it freed up about 3gigs ^_^.

I'd also recommend when using your computer to do not leave programs(specially big ones) open for extended periods of time) because they take up alot of RAM on your computer. (close them or you can also close som unneeded programs that are in your tray down below where your clock is.)

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I just worked on a friend's laptop with 256mb RAM and the Norton Security Suite + iTunes combo nearly kills it. I'd suggest unless you're reloading your iPod or downloading to exit or suspend iTunes. You'll save some memory and your system should be a little more responsive. Can't really turn off your security software and still feel safe... (Norton is pretty bloated, though).

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a virus or trojan to me I had a problm once like this, one of my ex-friends put a virus on my computer to make it shut down at random moments with a blue screen, it would help if we knew what it said on the screen also. Try fixing the registry, look up some XP Registry fixers like XP Repair Pro 2007 or Registry Mechanic or TuneUpUtilities 2007 and fix the registry + defrag the registry. Try finding any viruses or trojans if possible since that would solve the problem if not the other suggestions.

If nothing that everyone said works and you can do a system restore and that would erase anything like viruses off your computer unless they embeded themselves into your restore. If you want a good virus scanner and you can pay 40-60$ get either of these 2 because they are the top AVs in my opinion

Low on RAM? NoD32
    Antivirus Software - Eliminate Spyware and Adware with NOD32 Antivirus from ESET

Got an ok ammount of RAM, Kaspersky
    Kaspersky Lab: Antivirus software

Sorry if I have any typos I'm in Germany on a Mac and it has no spell checker :/

If you have any other problems pm me.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast