+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some advice in Gimp?

Otaku Seirika is off to a good start
    Thanks

Some advice in Gimp?

Okay, so I just downloaded and installed the Gimp on my laptop.
    I used to be able to do this, but how do I add PS brushes into my gimp.
    I try to follow a few steps, but i'm completely lost in moving the brushes into the gimp folder.

EDIT-
    I'm on a laptop, not a desktop.

Become a wind, unfathomable distress. I'll hold back your loneliness.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Some advice in Gimp?

Place your downloaded brushes into
    C:/Program Files/GIMP/share/gimp/2.0/brushes
    Click refresh the brush tab and your Photoshop brushes should load in GIMP instantly.

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think u can add ps brushes ... they have to be converted to a gimp brush... Devientart has loads of brushes but ur best bet is to go onto the likes of youtube and type it in im sure it would come up id have looked for u but my school computers are crap were blocked off nearly everything.....¬_¬

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    i dont think u can add ps brushes ... they have to be converted to a gimp brush... Devientart has loads of brushes but ur best bet is to go onto the likes of youtube and type it in im sure it would come up id have looked for u but my school computers are crap were blocked off nearly everything.....¬_¬

actually equinn you can. the newer versions of gimp can read ps brushes, .abr files, i should know, all my brushes in gimp are photoshop brushes. you need a gimp 2.4+ to be able to use photoshop brushes

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

oh right cos when i did sigs i had the old version XD but i was happy with it like but thats very handy that u can use ps brushes now too!!!
    but as i said before u could prob find it on youtube (i think its alot handyer if ur shown how to do it instead of reading it and wondering what there on about)

(¬_¬....really needs to start using gimp again.....)

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    oh right cos when i did sigs i had the old version XD but i was happy with it like but thats very handy that u can use ps brushes now too!!!
    but as i said before u could prob find it on youtube (i think its alot handyer if ur shown how to do it instead of reading it and wondering what there on about)

(¬_¬....really needs to start using gimp again.....)
    Yeah that would be easier unless you know what your doing. You really got to start using GIMP again.

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

IS there any wqay to angle your text? Because I keep wanting to do so and I dont know how. Gimp is just all buttons and pictures lol I just click and explore.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    IS there any wqay to angle your text? Because I keep wanting to do so and I dont know how. Gimp is just all buttons and pictures lol I just click and explore.
    if i understood your question starfire, then this short tutorial will help you.
    Text to Path | Gimp-tutorials.net - Gimp , tutorials , brushes , downloads, forum.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast