+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some PC questions for the computer geeks here

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Some PC questions for the computer geeks here

I was thinking about getting a pc and have a couple questions. First, when you get a processor thats a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor one and its rated at (2MB L2 Cache,1.80GHz,800 FSB), is that like getting 3.60ghz total since its a Dual core processor?

Same goes for the memory(2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs), since its a dual channel am i actually getting 4GB total?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Some PC questions for the computer geeks here

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I was thinking about getting a pc and have a couple questions. First, when you get a processor thats a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor one and its rated at (2MB L2 Cache,1.80GHz,800 FSB), is that like getting 3.60ghz total since its a Dual core processor?

Same goes for the memory(2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs), since its a dual channel am i actually getting 4GB total?
    Which dual core will you be buying just give the code (eg. 6400, 6600, 6800 etc.)
    As for the ram, no it doesn't mean 4gb in total.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Which dual core will you be buying just give the code (eg. 6400, 6600, 6800 etc.)
    As for the ram, no it doesn't mean 4gb in total.
    Its a E4300 Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor.

So you just have 2GB ram in each channel working at the same time. Just though that would be like having 4GB total. I guess its faster than 2GB of ram with no dual channel?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 29, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I guess the processor is faster than one that has 2gb ram with no dual channel?
    Are you mixing ram with processors now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Are you mixing ram with processors now?
    Sorry was still thinking about the processor. Fixed it.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Its just 1.8 GHz for the Intel Core2 Duo processor, as for the RAM

Dual-channel architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That will give you all the information you need in the first few paragraphs.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

Last edited by Hassun; Jul 29, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Dunno if your question is wholly answered yet, but I'll spell it out without hyperlinks.

Dual core processor: generally not as "fast" as adding the speeds of both cores, a dual core will run your computer significanly faster than a single core of the same speed. They help by multitasking processes, and in my opinion, are worth the investment. How fast you go is dictated by internet charts and your pocketbook.

Dual channel memory: not analagous to processors. They're meant to be installed in pairs (dual) to maximize the speed and characteristics of the memory. This is probably much less significant than FSB or clock speeds, but internet charts say it's a good thing. My opinion, if your faith warrants the ambiguous speed increase, install your memory in pairs (assuming both memory & motherboard support dual channel architecture).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast