+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some PC questions for the computer geeks here

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Some PC questions for the computer geeks here

Ok, thanks for the info guys, its a little more clear now.

One more question. Ok its a dual core processor, in which each core being 32bit. So does this add up to 64 bit and make this comparable to those AMD 64 bit ones. If so i think ill find one with a single 32-bit core(Like Pentium D) for software compatible issues.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

32 bit is much faster compared to 64 bit I've heard from quite a few people so I'd go with a 32 bit. But I'd do some research first,

Wikipedia:
    64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    32 bit is much faster compared to 64 bit I've heard from quite a few people so I'd go with a 32 bit. But I'd do some research first,

Wikipedia:
    64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Right, i don't want a 64bit processor for compatible issues, and now for what you said. So is the duo core like 64bit, will it give me these problems like 64bit?

So in other words is having a PC with a Dual core processor, like having a PC with a 64bit processor? Or is A dual core still considered a 32 bit setup?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt it the duo core is the best processor out there at the moment and plenty of users I've heard from brag alot about their computer being super fast and having no problem loading anything fast lol... curse my AMD 64 processor...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    So in other words is having a PC with a Dual core processor, like having a PC with a 64bit processor? Or is A dual core still considered a 32 bit setup?
    You might re-read that wiki article Hassun posted; it's dry but covers most of your concerns. Particularly the "disadvantages" section. A dual core processor isn't the same as having 2 processors, and even then you don't add architecture types (32+32 = 64). That math was reserved for Nintendo in 1997 (N64).

The Intel processors typically benchmark a little higher than AMD, but at a price. If you're upgrading and gotta go dual core, pay for a speed equal or higher than your current processor. A C2D 2.2ghz won't run Doom2 much faster than an old 2.2ghz P4, but your entire system should run faster (more efficiently). Depends what you're looking for. Personally, I like the concept that 1 core may be fully dedicated to graphics/video rendering while the other takes care of the housework (windows service, antivirus, etc.).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sukotsu9 View Post
    You might re-read that wiki article Hassun posted; it's dry but covers most of your concerns. Particularly the "disadvantages" section. A dual core processor isn't the same as having 2 processors, and even then you don't add architecture types (32+32 = 64). That math was reserved for Nintendo in 1997 (N64).

The Intel processors typically benchmark a little higher than AMD, but at a price. If you're upgrading and gotta go dual core, pay for a speed equal or higher than your current processor. A C2D 2.2ghz won't run Doom2 much faster than an old 2.2ghz P4, but your entire system should run faster (more efficiently). Depends what you're looking for. Personally, I like the concept that 1 core may be fully dedicated to graphics/video rendering while the other takes care of the housework (windows service, antivirus, etc.).
    I seen dell has a 2.6ghz dual core processor one, might go with that. Pricey, but worth it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I seen dell has a 2.6ghz dual core processor one, might go with that. Pricey, but worth it.
    The intel multicore processors rule the market at the moment.
    Dual core and quad core.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Only problem with the quad core is the same problem they had with their original dual core processors (Pentium D), the two sets of processors would do the exact same job, and when the data got to the front side bus, it would get confused and resources were wasted. Till they fix that, the Dual Core will still be better, and its also the reason why the 3ghz Quad core extreme is 30 dollars (CDN) cheaper then the 2.93 Dual core extreme (Memory Express (Processors) - Memory Express )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2