Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Sound

Lets say someone was missing a sound driver, so their speakers didn't work. (I don't even know how a sound driver can just disappear like that.) How would you go about finding a sound driver again?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sound

You can use a handy tool called Everest to find out your sound driver type and from there you can just Google the driver name maybe even the website is listed under the driver so you can just visit the website.

Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Hope this helped you out.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Lets say someone was missing a sound driver, so their speakers didn't work. (I don't even know how a sound driver can just disappear like that.) How would you go about finding a sound driver again?
    And another place to check is either the support website of the manufacturer of the system (e.g. Dell, HP, Gateway, etc) or the manufacturer of the Motherboard, (if it's printed on the Motherboard...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so I crawled under my desk with a flashlight and and wrote down the product number off the sticker on my computer. Searched for the companies website and then downloaded the sound driver for the computer that I have, installed it. Sounds is still not working, did I have to do anything else?

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you check to see if your computer recognizes the new driver? If it does, check to see if your sound is muted.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Zev
    Thanks

Ok, I don't know how to check if the driver is working, it didn't give me any errors after install. And I checked to see if the sound was muted and its not.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you know how to get to the device manager? I'm assuming you are using windows.

If you can get to the device manager find Sound, video and game controllers and expand it. Do you see anything there? Are their symbols next to the icons that are there? You can also right click on your sound card there and look at the properties. Does the window that opens tell you if the device is working?
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Zev
    Thanks

Ok, yeah, the driver is showing up. Like my computer still makes window sounds, however I can't get any kind of other sounds.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast