+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streaming Media Question

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Streaming Media Question

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Pics/CBS-1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Pics/CBS-2.jpg
    When I play a full episode on this site(Cane on CBS.com - Home), the only options i have for a player is adobe flash 9. WMP10 is there but it says it ain't installed which it is, so i cant select it. I use to have the real player as an option too but it disappeared. Is there a way to make more players available to watch these videos??

PS: I'm using firefox btw.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Streaming Media Question

That's weird. When you used to have the option to play WMV or RMV, did it appear in the same video player, or did a new window open? How did you know you were watching WMV or RMV?

Most, if not all of the interface is made from Flash, which would explain the Flash Video option always being available. It is possible that they got rid of the other options in favor of one option. This would make the most sense, as Flash is not browser or OS dependent. I've made a few websites in the past, and the biggest streaming media problem as finding a solution that was not ridiculously complex, but would work across all platforms. For instance, windows media video would be the most viable option, as the majority of people out there are using PC's. However, using WMV and WMP browser plugins meant that there were many MAC people out there who would be alienated due to missing codecs or flat out refusal to use anything windows (rich boy snobs). The opposite was true for Quicktime. These days, codecs and plugins are a little more user-friendly across platforms (hell, we even have windows on macs), but Flash is something that is on every computer and is alto easier to work with than any other type of media file.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Have you installed the Windows Media Player plugin for Firefox???

Port 25 : Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin - Download
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Yeah I might need that too, I have trouble viewing anything from cnn.com or nfl.com Sites like youtube and break.com works but whenever I try to view from those sites, it would say done on the video player but when I press play nothing happens.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

That's weird. When you used to have the option to play WMV or RMV, did it appear in the same video player, or did a new window open? How did you know you were watching WMV or RMV?
    It appeared in the same video player, but if you clicked on the little real media player icon it played it in the Real Media player.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

How do you get this to work? I downloaded it and installed it, but don't see anything in my browser to get it to work.

Also still have only the flash option for my player.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    It appeared in the same video player, but if you clicked on the little real media player icon it played it in the Real Media player.

How do you get this to work? I downloaded it and installed it, but don't see anything in my browser to get it to work.

Also still have only the flash option for my player.
    Basically, the plugin is suppose to allow the playing of media as a part of a webpage, instead of popping up Media player as its own window... And this should be automatic with no intervention necessary from the User...

If clearing your Browser cache doesn't correct this problem, it could be that a another application besides Windows Media Player (e.g. Real Media Player) has registered itself as the 'default' player for that particular file extension. It may be necessary to change this back and force Windows Media Player to be the default application player...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread