+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synchronizing folders

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Synchronizing folders

I have two similar folders on two separate drives, originally one folder copied to another but since I had add more files to one and not the other. Is there a way to synchronize these folders (or if that's not the right term, to make sure at the end that both folders have the same files)?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Synchronizing folders

I'm assuming your coping from your PC's HDD to a External HDD? If so Did you make a briefcase on your External HDD?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I'm assuming your coping from your PC's HDD to a External HDD? If so Did you make a briefcase on your External HDD?
    well it's not exactly the whole PC HDD to the External HDD. Just a few of the folders of files. And no I did not make a briefcase for the external, can you tell me how to do it??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft Sync toy is what you want, I used to use it to keep my Documents on my External Hard drive that I brought to Collage syncd with my computer at home.

Its really easy to use, just set up two folders and hit a button and it does the rest.

Download details: SyncToy v1.4

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a try first.

By the way this isn't a cloning program right, where it just copies and pastes all the files??

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

It takes one folder and copyies it to another place. When you run it again, and a change has been made in either folder, it mirrors the change in both folders.

+ Reply to Thread