+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Torrent

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Torrent

Azereus and uTorrent are fast I'll use Bittorrent and see the difference for you.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got rid of Bittorrent because it was slower than uTorrent. I had lots of trouble with Azureus because it need a set port in the router for downloading. So far uTorrent was faster than Bittorent and didn't cause me any headaches. I suggest going with uTorrent. The results do vary with connections and computers.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't like Bittorrent either it takes me 4 hours to dl one movie on it ;/ when it takes me an hour on uTorrent and 2 on Azureus.

THE RULES!

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Are you sure? I am using Azureus now and the download speed was slower than a snail! It was 700bps! OMB! (B is for Buddha)

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    Are you sure? I am using Azureus now and the download speed was slower than a snail! It was 700bps! OMB! (B is for Buddha)
    Well the thing with Azureus is that it has to have a set port for downloading and it scans your connection looking for a safe port to use. But that doesn't mean you always get the fastest one. To get optimum download speed from them you have to change the settings around but you can also screw it up if you do that. I think thats the major problem with it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Also keep in mind that the quality of the DSL/Cable Modem/Hub your connected to will have an effect on Torrent performance. Some of the low end hubs (such as Linksys, the Cisco consumer brand) can only maintain 16 simultaneous connections at a time, while a single Torrent download can connect to dozens of peer to peer clients...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    Well the thing with Azureus is that it has to have a set port for downloading and it scans your connection looking for a safe port to use. But that doesn't mean you always get the fastest one. To get optimum download speed from them you have to change the settings around but you can also screw it up if you do that. I think thats the major problem with it.
    Ya! thats's the problem! I don't get a thing abt this port thing even after looking at the wiki, so does any bit torrent client out there that's easy to use and can download fast?

Misc: My IP often starts with 60/124(rarely), I just doesn't seem to get those four group of numbers)

Thanks

uTorrent gives the best results I think, ĀµTorrent - Powerful BitTorrent Client just set it as the speed you have and you'll download fine. I wouldn't mind if the speed isn't blazing fast as long as its not above a week.

THE RULES!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2