+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfering SIM card pics to computer...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Transfering SIM card pics to computer...

^_^ hello again Techie Peoples! another question is put forth by the Dhabi-nator...

is the aforementioned question possible? if not, are there any other ways of viewing the pics besides on the cellphone?

reason why is that i have pictures of my dog who recently died (RIP Lucky...) and i was hoping to keep the pictures (mainly ones of him... and my cat!) in a more permanent form...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Transfering SIM card pics to computer...

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ hello again Techie Peoples! another question is put forth by the Dhabi-nator...

is the aforementioned question possible? if not, are there any other ways of viewing the pics besides on the cellphone?

reason why is that i have pictures of my dog who recently died (RIP Lucky...) and i was hoping to keep the pictures (mainly ones of him... and my cat!) in a more permanent form...
    Hmmm I thought SIM cards were for storing your account info so you can go from phone to phone. What I am think is maybe you are talking about the flash memory/built in memory that is in your phone...If it is stored in the flash memory, then all you should need is a USB card reader for your computer. If it is built in memory in your phone, then hopefully the phone manufacturer makes a USB cable to connect the phone to the computer...so you can extract the photos.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Sim Cards only store your account data with your provider and a limited phone book. Photo's taken with your phone are stored in the phone's own internal memory.

As for getting them off your phone, thats another story. If it was a Motorola Phone, I'd just say get Phone tools and transfer them off with the Media Wizard. Since I've only owned Motorola phones, I can't really help you there.

(I own a Motorola V360 with a 512mb MiniSD card)

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

oh, i didn't know that the SIM card only held the account stuff... eheh ^_^;;

but, as a point of reference, i have a Pantech C-300 (the super tiny ones from Cingular/AT&T)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Then my suggestion is to go and speak with someone from the company (Like those Salesmen at the mall) and ask how to get the pictures off the cell phone.

Newbie FRITZ is off to a good start FRITZ's Avatar
    Thanks

If your cell phone can us a flash card like a mini SD (scan disk) then you can either connect your cell phone to a PC and veiw it there or you can take the mini SD out and insurt it into a memory card reader.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Sim Cards only store your account data with your provider and a limited phone book. Photo's taken with your phone are stored in the phone's own internal memory.

As for getting them off your phone, thats another story. If it was a Motorola Phone, I'd just say get Phone tools and transfer them off with the Media Wizard. Since I've only owned Motorola phones, I can't really help you there.

(I own a Motorola V360 with a 512mb MiniSD card)
    Actually, there are a few rare sim cards from import phones that have extended embeded memory on them. Nothing major--only about 6Mb, but that's a ton when considering storage for contacts and calendar events.

Pretty much all of American sim cards only have normal storage, usually measured in double digit kilobytes, but still considered memory nontheless.

+ Reply to Thread