+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with SATA hard drive

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Trouble with SATA hard drive

I recently bought a 1 TB SATA harddrive to serve as my secondary drive for storage purpose. But ever since I have installed the drive I have been getting issues with starting up windows. I would see the start up screen for windows, and the bar would go one and half time before the screen goes black and nothing happens. I waited 5-10 and nothing happens.

Can someone help with me this problem?? I am willing to provide as much info as I can to the best of my knowledge.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with SATA hard drive

And is it back to normal again if you take the new HD back out?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    And is it back to normal again if you take the new HD back out?
    Well all I did simply was disable the SATA support in the BIOS, and then it would load again. The really really annoying thing is that it would sometimes work with the SATA support enabled, but it would take me a few resets and safe modes to get it work.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Most likely whats going on is when you go to start the computer, the bios is trying to use the SATA drive as the primary master, instead of the one you usually use.

Change the boot order in your bios (Setting the new drive as anything but first).

Should fix it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Most likely whats going on is when you go to start the computer, the bios is trying to use the SATA drive as the primary master, instead of the one you usually use.

Change the boot order in your bios (Setting the new drive as anything but first).

Should fix it.
    The only choices for boot order is harddrive, flashdrive, etc. all the broad ones. There doesn't seem to be a choice to choose harddrives independently.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Which OS are you using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Which OS are you using?
    XP SP2

and my mobo is on the older end only allowing up to 1.5 gbits/sec for the SATA drive

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I would suggest looking for a Firmware update for your MoBo, or get a new one. Especially if you have a 1TB drive, which propably needs the SATA2 (you have sata 1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast