+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trouble with SATA hard drive

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with SATA hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now the next thing to do is to find out what XP thinks the drive mappings are, and see how they relate to these settings...

The other thing I was wondering about... did your new drive come with a CD/floppy to insert a in-memory BIOS patch into the boot track? I know I started seeing those with the WD 300GB SATA drives
    Unfortunately it came only with the drive and nothing else. I thought I was getting a good deal with zipzoomfly, but all they did was literally send me the drive. No power cable, no sata cable, nothing.

Would that cd or the contents be available online on hard drive's manufacture's sites?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with SATA hard drive

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Unfortunately it came only with the drive and nothing else. I thought I was getting a good deal with zipzoomfly, but all they did was literally send me the drive. No power cable, no sata cable, nothing.

Would that cd or the contents be available online on hard drive's manufacture's sites?
    Should be... So now you know the next step in the process...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Should be... So now you know the next step in the process...
    Thanks for all the help guys, let me try this when I get back home this weekend and try it out. Will try to update asap, in the meantime please leave this ticket open

No luck finding out why. I checked seagate's webpage only to find there's no need to download a drive. Finally after two weeks I got fed up and disconnect each device one by one until I found out which one was keeping windows from starting properly. For the time being it is determined that the speaker phone, which also is the signal receiver for my logitech wireless mouse and keyboard is the culprit. All I have to do is have the device disconnected from the USB port before start up and when windows starts I reconnected it.

Anyone with any ideas why this might be?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 12, 2008 at 10:49 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3