Closed Thread

Thread: ubuntu 7.10?

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool ubuntu 7.10?

hai guys, right now im duel booting windows xp 2005(service pack 3), and ubuntu 7.10.

i have done this once before, but i guess they conflicted with each other, and my hard drive took a crap.

has anyone else had this problem?

also if u dont have ubuntu, and are interested in duel booting, or single booting, go with 7.10 if you can.

(8.10 has been released, but i dont thinks its very stable, and have had problems with it in the past)
    touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable, raw raw fight the powah

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ubuntu 7.10?

We need more information.

What exactly does your computer tell you when you try and boot to either XP ro Ubuntu?

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    We need more information.

What exactly does your computer tell you when you try and boot to either XP ro Ubuntu?
    well i can duel boot for about a week or 2, but what happens is that it always, out of the blue, tells me that there is no operating system installed

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread_Dita View Post
    well i can duel boot for about a week or 2, but what happens is that it always, out of the blue, tells me that there is no operating system installed
    Like Ace said, you're going to have to get a little more specific in order for someone to troubleshoot:

Is it one physical drive partitioned to two boot sectors or two separate drives (one XP and one Linux kernel).

Are both not recognized?

If two drives, are they both the same spec (IDE/SATA).

If one drive, how did you set your original partition? Was it created after the fact (ie. Xp was installed already and you used something like Partition Magic to create you Linux part).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Like Ace said, you're going to have to get a little more specific in order for someone to troubleshoot:

Is it one physical drive partitioned to two boot sectors or two separate drives (one XP and one Linux kernel).

Are both not recognized?

If two drives, are they both the same spec (IDE/SATA).

If one drive, how did you set your original partition? Was it created after the fact (ie. Xp was installed already and you used something like Partition Magic to create you Linux part).
    no offense, but i can tell from your post that you know nothing of ubuntu.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Since you do not want to give us more information, and you want to be rude to the people actually wanting to help you, I'm going to close this.

And for your information, from what we've glened from your posts, you know nothing of Linux (Ubuntu is a Distro of Linux).

All we wanted to know is when and where your computer told you that there was "no os installed". Was it at the Boot Slection screen, when you booted to Linux, or to Windows, ect ect.

But no, you didn't want to tell us that.

Have fun being Shit out of Luck.

Closed Thread