+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: usb cooler

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ha ha, that's groovey, I wanna try it lol!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: usb cooler

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This is not something I would want to attach to a high end system. Themocouple coolers do draw quite a bit of current... With a stressed out system, the USB current draw could screw up all your other USB devices, or during high system activity (such as game play, or video format conversion) the current draw could overload the power supply and tip the system over the edge of stability...
    Len seems to know a lot of pcs....
    looks really cool, but 4 the reasons given by Len i wouldnt buy it. i would hate it that my usb ports got screwed up by a thing like that.
    but lol wut are they gonna do next
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah Len is right, it also can burn your MB with such stress, not recommended for ppl who don´t use true power supplys above 460W, and problably, if you have some bad lucky, it´ll screw your power supply and your MB.

But it was a great idea :P USB can take more than 100 plugged things on it, if your power supply can handle it. And we don´t use nearly 6 USB things (keyboard, mouse, camera and webcam, printers, cellphone and some monitors.)

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't remember if the thread time-out limit is 2 weeks or 2 months, so...

This item was created as a gift for the geek-who-has-everything. As with the famous plug-in coffee warmers, most people don't actually use them beyond a few weeks after they get it. You might set your coffee on one, but you probably don't bother turning it on. You'd finish your coffee before you needed it heated.

I say that, and I typically have to reheat my coffee 2-3 times. As for the cooling USB device, I'd really hesitate to have condensation from a beverage anywhere near a USB plug. But the holidays are coming; I'll remember this one.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Do what I did and buy this accessory for your computer:
    Thermaltake X-Ray

It's great because my car charger chargest my phone in about 1/4th the time the wall one does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2