Closed Thread

Thread: Video Questions (A Couple)

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Video Questions (A Couple)

1. I have a Dvd-R disc and I put a video on it (it was a WMV video) and it said on the Dvd player could not read do I have to change its format to a Dvd-R format or will it only play AVI/MPG4 videos.

2. My drama teacher showed the class a video of all there videos and they had a menu on it with the scene selection and the play button like a regular Dvd how can I make something like that for a video its so cool.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Questions (A Couple)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

1. Unless your DVD player can directly support media files, you will have to convert it to ISO-9660 format (that's DVD-ROM) with standard MPEG-2 and audio formats

2. You need a DVD authoring software to do this. NERO is a nice commercial package that is readily available
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

!The Beatle (Sep 30, 2009)

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

But how do I convert Videos to that format is there a tool or way I can do that.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    But how do I convert Videos to that format is there a tool or way I can do that.
    A good DVD Authoring package (such as NERO) will have the ability to convert 'common' media formats. (MKV files are a different matter...)

Thanks

okay I dont like MKV but thank you very much but one more thing NERO has many programs which ones would be best for what I want to do.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Nero - Trial Version

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been feeling like coming alive at various forums -- and here I am, at it again, as I found myself a video encoding thread to munch at. The time limit for whatever the first poster had to make has probably already gone quite some time ago, but I think it's worth it to have some words on freely usable alternatives to such applications as Nero's burning suite (which has become quite bloated and full of pesky DirectShow filters during the few last years).

Since we're talking about DVD authoring, I must say that there are some free alternatives. You can take a look at the pretty-much-almighty'ish Doom9 forums' 1-click-solutions board or at the AVStoDVD thread, for an example. These applications use freely available tools (Avisynth, HCEnc, ffmpeg, imgburn etc.) in order to make DVD creation easier for the video nerd crew. It might be a world that one doesn't get to see very easily, but it's definitely there -- and probably not even that hard to use. Both a/v encoding and mastering up to burning the discs is handled by these applications. Video quality should at least be on par, if not even better than what you could get done with your usual "home video applications".

As for input, these things can take pretty much everything into themselves because of the ffmpeg/avisynth backbone. Avisynth gives you much more freedom and control, while ffmpeg might be easier for people who do not wish to remind themselves of the quirks of certain video formats that might be there (WMV encoders absolutely love to make variable framerate video by themselves, and the Matroska container easily lets you do that manually, if needed -- as does the MP4 container). I might guess that Nero and such wouldn't even look at VFR content and would probably fail with many "nonstandard" files with such things as nullframes in AVIs and VFR in MP4/WMV. These make up the category of such types of video, which I would certainly love to see a non-free encoder to go through, without masses of pain or weird artifacts.

As for support, Doom9 offers an overall good place to go to. Searching around and reading information leads to best possible result (as with many other things as well). I might also do an overall guide on creating "DVD Video" from your daily video files here, if that will seem needed enough.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...

Closed Thread