+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wep key

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Wep key

hi well for a while ive ben searching for my wep key so i can hook my DS up with Wi Fi but i cant find it could someone show me howo to find it??
    Thanks Kurapika

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wep key

It seems in most routers you can find it by entering your router's IP addrsess into a browser and accessing its settings to find your wep key.Found information here link: Nintendo WiFi Connection FAQ & Info
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to koga23 For This Useful Post:

kurapika (Jan 18, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well from my limited knowledge, the WEP is not a factory setting. So in order to find out the WEP if there is one, then you need to find whoever help you set up your router to get the WEP key for you. Otherwise you're screwed. However, if your router is not secured in the first place, then you should be fine. Or I thnk you can also reset your router and re-set the password yourself

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

By default, Wireless routers do not have any kind of Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) enabled.

If you want to set up wireless security (Which I strongly reccomend, because if you don't, your neighbour or someone driving down the street could gain access to your internet connection and your Local Area Network), you need to get access to your Routers internal configuration. Simply refer to your routers user manual (If you don't have a hard copy) on how to do that, or google search the manual for your router and it will explain how to do everything that your router is capable of.

+ Reply to Thread