Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What antivirus you recommend?

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

What antivirus you recommend?

Everybody. I've a question for all of you. But first a few words, to help you to understand my doubt.

Recently i was installed on my PC eTrust Antivirus. On the begining works well but on the second week start to delete a lot of files on my PC. The program says "The File C:\bla. . . . . . . . \. . . . . .\" it's infected or something like that. I unistall eTrust and then install Norton, but makes my PC slow. Again, i uninstall that antivirus and buy McAfee 2007, works well two or three weeks, but when a virus infect my PC can't delet or put in quarantine.

My question is: What antivirus do you recomend? Or what antivirus do you have and works well?

Please, my PC don't have antivirus in this moment, and i don't know what antivirus use.

Maybe this data will help you: My PC use a Athlon XP 1600+, have 512 MB DDR-SDRAM, HDD 80GB Samsung brand, DVD/W/RW unit Toshiba.
    "Knowledge is power"

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What antivirus you recommend?

I'd say try Norton Anti-virus. But it's so good that it'll prevent you from using certain features unless you know how to go around it. Features like Limewire.. or any other downloadable system. But it works like a charm.

Paper Master waterdude may be famous one day waterdude may be famous one day waterdude's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i agree norton-antivirus would be the best to go with.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

CNet has a review that was made last October on all the current 2007 Antivirus products here...
    CNET 2007 antivirus performance test scores - CNET reviews

Plus they have a more recent review on commercial Anti Spyware products here...
    CNET Top 10 Antispyware apps 2007 - CNET reviews
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume you are running XP? 512MB of ram isn't a lot and if you do have viruses you will be dragging no matter what antivirus you install. I say this because some antiviruses use "real-time" protection and that sucks up CPU usage and memory on top of what ever the virus is doing to you.

Also some viruses can hinder your antivirus program if you uninstall and install something else, their payload my target the antivirus install and currupt it..thus you can't ever get rid of the real problem.

The safest thing to do is to reformat your harddrive and reinstall everything, then once you are virus free (from the reinstall) you shouldn't have any issues...it takes like maybe 3 hours to reinstall everything, install all the patches and device drivers...not a big deal.

Also look at getting somemore ram...the stuff is cheap and you will see a big jump in reponse time.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say Trend Micro is the best. It will also delete certain programs like Aol Instant Messanger and iTunes. But it works well.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

One tip: I'd avoid "total security suite" products. I've used McAfee & Norton, and while their virusscanners are pretty good, their suite products will definitely bog your computer down. Massive amounts of memory are consumed by the various protective resources, some you may not need. I'm trying out Avast! right now; and it seems to do what I need. But our house is fairly wary of the Internet; no dodgy websites for me.

In other words, a good protection from viruses is to stay away from places you might get one.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Kasperksy is one of the most best antiviruses out there I use it myself and I've never got a trojan or virus yet, also I would recommend NoD32 also a lightweight version of Kaspersky I've used it to very easy to use and fast scans.

Kaspersky

Kaspersky Lab: Antivirus software

NoD32

Antivirus Software - Eliminate Spyware and Adware with NOD32 Antivirus from ESET

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast