Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What antivirus you recommend?

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What antivirus you recommend?

first off i want to say all of you who recomended nortins anti-virus, you need to learn about what software des before recomending it. nortins uses alot of resorses, and you need about a gig of ram to experience no lag. what i would recomend is anything except nortins.

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thanks all of you. Yes, my XP computer have 512 MB or RAM. And i don't upgrade the RAM because my PC don't allow more than 512 MB.

Yes, is true that Norton use a lot of resorces of the system. I see working Norton on PC with 1.5 GB of RAM and make full and quickly scans. But 2 or 3 backdoor trojans make a party with him. Can't clean or delete, can't put in quarantine and always says "Acces denied". So, i don't believe in Symantec products.

What about Panda antivirus? Anybody?
    "Knowledge is power"

Newbie _lecro_ may be famous one day _lecro_ may be famous one day _lecro_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Avast -Good and free ,
    ive used it for the last year without any problems

avast! antivirus link

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm using Norton Antivirus and it's perfect i never have any problemes whit it, so thats the one i recomend.
    And somethimes i use housecall from Trendmicro witch i use for second opinion, it dosn't install itself on your pc and is very good for second opinion.
    Here is a link TREND MICRO HouseCall 6.5

I used Panda Antivirus (not on this pc though) and that is really bad.

By the way that computer of yours is a notebook writh?

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd recommend Norton Antivirus. Though, sometimes, it's not as successful with deleting viruses. So...CA Antivirus is also recommended. ^_^

mmhmm.

Thanks

Mmm, CA antivirus don't work on my PC. When i program a scan don't "look" on some parts of the HD and when the antivirus generate a report always says something like this (my natal languaje is spanish so it's hard to translate to english): CA cannot scans on the sector C\:windows. . . .\. . . . \.

In the next days i buy the Karspersky labs antivirus. I think it's the better choice. Don't like me the Symantec products, the reasons are back 5 or 6 replys
    "Knowledge is power"

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Trust me I've used McAffe, Norton, Panda, CA, all of them they were all unsuccessful. I thought they were the crappest AVs I've ever seen in my life too... then I went to some my good computer knowledgable friends and they told me about the best AVs and I gave them a try 2 years and no viruses and I have about 3/4 of a gigs worth of RAM and I never lag I can only say both NoD32 and Kaspersky did a thing to help me of course since I'm not super high on RAM I do get occasional lag but I can live with that to save myself from a system restore -_-;

Either NoD32 and Kaspersky will save you the hassle off getting mad at your PC and smashing it to death. I'm not downing Norton ok its not all bad the new versions of course lol... but it does use to much resourses... gets annoying sometimes. But I'll tell you never use McAffe its basically a viruses itself... when you try to uninstall it, it has many errors left over, and it will never remove trojans and viruses when you want it to... and it is a hassle to update the sucker...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

Yeah! The Kaspersky AV works very well! Don't have lag on my PC like Norton or McAfee. But i need to work more time, one week don't say anything. Thanks a lot, all of you!
    "Knowledge is power"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast