+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened?

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

What happened?

I put a 4.7gb DVD+R into my comp. that's got a DVD/CD RW drive and then when I run Nero express and click on the "data disk" then my comp. was stuck like that, same thing happens when I tried to open the DVD disk in My Computer. So what's the problem? Is my computer too slow? Or is it something else?

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What happened?

Well as far as I know, on a DVD type disc, you cannot burn Data Disks. U can only burn movies and stuff in the usual DVD format. You cannot burn movies through data disk, you have to burn them in DVD format.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Well as far as I know, on a DVD type disc, you cannot burn Data Disks. U can only burn movies and stuff in the usual DVD format. You cannot burn movies through data disk, you have to burn them in DVD format.
    Ive made DVD data disc all the time.

@alex1_phang3
    Is this movie data or other data? Sounds like your PC needs to be Defraged.

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

Oh.... well, when I try to make DVD data disks, they say the format is not compatible. I guess I just have a sad computer.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Oh.... well, when I try to make DVD data disks, they say the format is not compatible. I guess I just have a sad computer.
    Try another burning program. 700mb CD-R is not enough for me. I need the 4.7 GB.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, it sounds like your DVD driver became 'confused' about what type of CD/DVD was in the drive, and got itself into a bad state... (Was there another DVD in the drive before you swapped it with a blank burnable DVD???). One way to avoid this problem is to use to use the software 'eject', (right click on DVD drive icon, choose eject) when removing a DVD, as this will force a clearing of the driver state. Another way it to close the DVD burner with the tray empty, and wait for the system to settle down before putting in a blank DVD...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

well I tried to put the DVD in first and run Nero and this time it worked when I press the data disk button and then I select file (on wierd thing is the limit bar at the bottom hows the limit is only at 700mb, wierd huh?) And then when I'm ready to burn it says insert a writing medium and the required one is CD R/RW, why like that? Why can't use DVD?

+ Reply to Thread