Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What kind of mp3 player do you have/recommend?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What kind of mp3 player do you have/recommend?

Talking about prices, I was surprised to find that the ipod shuffle was cheaper and bigger than other mp3's in this one store I went to. I do believe that when paying for an ipod it's all in the brand name. But it was my goal to find an mp3 that was at least 1gb and as cheap as I could and I found that in my ipod shuffle. Maybe it was just that store.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Talking about prices, I was surprised to find that the ipod shuffle was cheaper and bigger than other mp3's in this one store I went to. I do believe that when paying for an ipod it's all in the brand name. But it was my goal to find an mp3 that was at least 1gb and as cheap as I could and I found that in my ipod shuffle. Maybe it was just that store.
    That's because the iPod shuffle is a piece of crap. I can't understand why anyone would buy an mp3 player without a display or some other effective way to actually choose what you want to listen to.

Newbie TOKIJIN may be famous one day TOKIJIN may be famous one day TOKIJIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a psp, but I would not recommend that as a solid mp3 platform, even though it is capable of storing mp3 files, those said files have to be compressed to fit on the memory stick or else the song only lasts for 12 seconds, then you'd have to go through the hassle of buying extra software to compress the files yourself

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    That's because the iPod shuffle is a piece of crap. I can't understand why anyone would buy an mp3 player without a display or some other effective way to actually choose what you want to listen to.
    LOL, that's because the whole idea of buying an mp3 was to listen to music. Why else would you need to pay extra for a screen? I mean, if you put all the music that you like on it, in the first place, it wouldn't really matter if you had a screen or not. I guess it depends on how you like to listen to your music

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    LOL, that's because the whole idea of buying an mp3 was to listen to music. Why else would you need to pay extra for a screen? I mean, if you put all the music that you like on it, in the first place, it wouldn't really matter if you had a screen or not. I guess it depends on how you like to listen to your music
    You would pay extra for a screen to be able to choose the track(s) you want to listen to.

I mean what you're saying is that cellphones don't need a display because they're made for making and receiving calls.

Thanks

As I said, for me personally, the fact that it doesn't have a screen doesn't bother me the slightest. It depends how you want to listen to music. Not that there was anything wrong with screens.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You would pay extra for a screen to be able to choose the track(s) you want to listen to.

I mean what you're saying is that cellphones don't need a display because they're made for making and receiving calls.
    Yeah. I never saw the point of the iPod Shuffle either, but I guess it comes down to personal preference.

As for myself... I have a 30 GB video iPod which has worked well for me. Honestly, I tend to cringe at the idea of conforming to fads and societal standards, but, I admit that the iPod is the most popular mp3 player for a reason. It does what it means to do.

I haven't used any other mp3 device myself, but I've seen them and handled them, and I must say that when it comes to size, features, interface, and overall appeal, the iPod is the best. So, unless you want to be stubborn about having a popular, brand-name device, I'd recommend iPod as the standard mp3 to have.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i had an ipod mini but i didn't really get into it. ipod is a very good product, and very stylish... but i don't know, just wasn't my style i supposes...

^_^ but what has caught my eye is the Zune! it's a bit bigger than the newest ipod, and fatter too. it's has 30GB space and a huge library of music, videos and stuff to download. the screen is 3 inches wide, so it's good for watching your favorite show on the bus!

^o^ it also has a function of sending samples of your favorite songs to friends wirelessly. so sharing music is one of it's key elements!

and if you're into Halo, they have a special Halo 3 Edition of the Zune, which as all the soundtracks, trailers, previews and even episodes from the web series RedvsBlue!

^_^ it's definatly a goodie! and at $250, it's a pretty average price for a media player that size!

The Scoop on the Zune

Zune-Halo 3 Edition

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast