+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I rip a DVD data disk?

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Why can't I rip a DVD data disk?

I have a DVD/CD-RW drive but when I insert a 4DVD-r disk into my comp and run the Nero Express, when I press the start button it says " CD-R is needed for compilation"! Isn't DVD/CD-RW supposed to be able to burn on DVD?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why can't I ripp DVD data disk

Theres two type of data disc you can make. A DVD one and a CD-R one. Are you in the DVD mode?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Also, does your burner have the ability to burn DVD disks? Not all CD burners have the ability to write to DVD. It's only in the past two years that this has become common... (And if your system is older then 2 years...)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 10, 2007 at 02:58 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Len is correct.

It sounds like you have a combo drive, which will read DVD's and CD's but only burn CD's. At the front of your drive you should see some little icons' painted on. You want one that looks like a big RW in a white box. That means that your drive will burn DVD's.

Chances are though, your drive does not have the capability. You can buy a internal DVD burner for about $60 on sale at Best Buy and other places or you can get an external DVD Burner for 100 - 300 from various places. I got a great deal on Ebay for a Plextor External DVD burner for $100 (including shipping) a few years ago.

Just becuase Nero has the capability to burn DVD's does not mean you can. You have to have the hardware, as well as the software, to do it.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why can't I rip a DVD data disk?

But it says DVD rom . . . And most of all I'm using a laptop, Acer Travel Mate to be exact. . .

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    But it says DVD rom . . . And most of all I'm using a laptop, Acer Travel Mate to be exact. . .
    DVD ROM means it only reads DVD's. ROM=Read Only Memory

You need to see this to be able to burn: RW=Re-writable.

Thanks

I can try to get a new drive but I'm using a laptop, is there any drive that can be replaced? Coz I found out I can take my drive out (manually, it just sldes in when you wanna install it)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    I can try to get a new drive but I'm using a laptop, is there any drive that can be replaced? Coz I found out I can take my drive out (manually, it just sldes in when you wanna install it)
    I think that you should get an external one that you can connect to manually via USB cable. That way you won't be stuck only using it with your laptop, you can use it anywhere.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast