Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Why doesn't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

Okay, I was watching FF7: Advent Children (not making fun of the other topic, seriously) and I decided that Yuffie is smoking hot, and also, that those converse like knee highs of hers are bitchin, so I figured I'd take a screen shot of it. Now, I know the usual prnt scrn method doesn't work, but I do know that ctrl + I will capture images. BUT! Ctrl + I doesn't work with the DVD.

What I'm wondering is, why is this, and also, is there some other way (besides downloading VLC player, or having to download anything) that I can capture images?

Oh, keep in mind that I have the new windows media URGE.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why don't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

Use VLC or Windows Media Player Classic or use Fraps...all need to be downloaded.

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess you didn't read the whole message. I don't blame you. Reading is hard.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

use your web came if you have one and take a pic of the screen ob the scene you freeze and saverhe pic you take to a file. i cant thikb of any other way but that
    and it worksi tried it with some stuff and it came out retty clean with
    no blur images or anything
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AniManga Hound View Post
    No I read your message, except you lack the understanding that you can't do anything right now so you have to go to the internet get some stuff and use it. I know doing stuff on your own is hard but thats life.

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AniManga Hound View Post
    Realease that he knows more then you and is trying to help.He dosent have to so be grateful that he cares enough to help you.Stop being sarcastic and accept his help as you need it.You cant do it without downloading somthing so i reccomend Fraps

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Just out of curiosity, are you trying the ‘print screen’ and ‘Ctr I’ while in full-screen mode? This might not work because some DVD players have input override functions that prevent common button grouping from working because they might falter playback, or be part of their particular keymap, or even for bizarre legal reasons. (but it really depends on your particular DVD software).

Have you tried ‘print screen’ while the DVD program is not the focus program?

Oh, and by the way, I almost shot coffee out of my left nostril when I read your first reply. I’m a connoisseur of sarcasm, and that was simply flawless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creesco View Post
    No I read your message, except you lack the understanding that you can't do anything right now so you have to go to the internet get some stuff and use it. I know doing stuff on your own is hard but thats life.

I did lack the knowledge that there was nothing I could have done. However, I did express my knowing of the VLC player and SUCH. In response to my message, you should have typed 'No, there is nothing else you can do to capture that image without downloading someting off the internet'

That plus something extra explaining why the traditional ctrl + I doesn't work would also have been acceptable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast